Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Upgrading SPA5xx firmware locally

We have many Cisco SPA502G VOIP phones that are no longer in contract and have the original firmware installed.  We are now years behind and I would like to update them.  I have downloaded the firmware.  I have a .bin file I have no idea what to do with.  We have no CUCM and I cannot post the file to a web server as we do not have anything like that.  We do have Dropbox but I understand that will not work.

I am now spent far too much time and I am stuck.  Any suggestions would be wonderful.

Thank you,

Debbie

10 Replies 10

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Please read the Release Notes very, very carefully.  It is not possible to go from 7.3, 7.4 or 7.5.1 directly to the latest without going through 7.5.2b. 

In regards to "how to upgrade", UK VOIP Forums have n easy-to-understand step-by-step instruction.  

Hope this helps.

We are all at 7.5.2b already.  I am fairly sure the phones came with that firmware.  Thank you for the link.  I am going to read carefully and check back if I am confused.

Thank you for passing along that information.  No where else does it say I need to directly connect my PC to the phone.  I assumed that if I was on the same subnet on both computer and phone that would work???  I will make sure to grab an ethernet cable and take it with me.  Or I can be on the same subnet?

The phones are currently online.  

Find out what their IP addresses are and then enter the IP address into a web browser.  

Indeed.  that is how I know what firmware version we are at.  That does not answer my original question as to whether I need to connect phone and computer via ethernet to install the update.

Last comment.  The .exe is not there for the last and most current firmware update.  Not sure how to install that one 

Spent 3 hours today attempting to do this.  Whether connected via ethernet or on our LAN it never found the .bin file to upgrade.  We do not have a TFTP server and that protocol is no longer considered safe or current.  I am totally stuck at this point.  We also do not have a server as we store our data at Dropbox.  I uploaded the file there but it is only https and the update did not work.

Any suggestions from here would be wonderful

Micahroando
Level 1
Level 1

These phones are no longer under contract, and we are still running the original firmware which is now several years out of date. I’ve managed to download the latest firmware update, which is in a .bin file format, but I’m stuck on how to proceed from here. We don’t have Cisco Unified Communications Manager (CUCM) or a web server to host the file.

Exactly.  Basically stuck 

tiktokfollowers
Level 1
Level 1
 Upgrading SPA5xx firmware locally If you want to increase Your Followers in TikTok Then Visit This Site TikTok Followers Malaysia