cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Urgent !!!!!!! SPA112 registration failed - no dialtone (ID, password correct)

Hello everyone,

We have SPA112 in our compagny and it works perfectly.

2 days ago we had "no dialtone" issue and I had to fix this ( usually a simple reboot for ATA and all is fine )

But this time figured out that the registration failed every 30 second !!!

- I did a factory reset for ATA 

- try another ID, Password

- try a voip software (Zoiper) the number works !!

- change all cables ( RJ45, RJ11)

- change the phone 

Could you please help me on this it's really urgent !!!

Thank you in advence.

7 Replies 7

AlexNBCS43
Level 1
Level 1

Have you checked your proxy information and your ports?

If you are using and Old CHAN_SIP setup normally this port is 5060 if you are doing this over the internet you will have to make user your firewall is not blocking the connection.

If you are doing this over PJsip. let me know what you eventually did as i have not figured out PJSIP yet.

I do know that if you are not registering i would check your proxy config and your ports.

Hi Alex

Thank you for your responce.

The SPA was working normally  3 weeks ago, I didn't change anything about proxy and ports !!

By the way the SPA is connected directly to an ISP where the port 5060 is enabled !

Dan Lukes
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Registration failed may mean

1. SPA112 is not sending registration requests
  2. registrations requests are send by SPA112 but never responded by peer
  3. registrations requests are send by SPA112 but rejected by peer

Catch SIP packets and clarify the issue description, please.

Hi Dan,

Thank you for your responce.

I tried to use Zoiper (free voip software ) and it works, so I think it's not a problem of communication between SPA and peer.

Is there any other issue leads to Registration failed problem ?

I didn't assume communication problems. I listed three other possible causes already.

You need to catch SIP packets to identify the cause now.

Thanks for your prompt responce.

So you mean I use "paquet tracer" for exemple to catch SIP paquet ?

The WireShark and tcpdump is the most common software used to catch packets. I know neither OS you are using nor local network topology, so I can't be more specific. Ask your LAN administrator for help, please. He will know where you should connect computer to catch packets as well as he will advise a software to you.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: