Views
Helpful
Replies

Voicemail/CUE failure

paul.sheehan
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all;

I have a client with a UC540 where voice-mail functions have failed. The unit will not answer incoming calls although all parameters are configured and were working until this fault. CUE diagnostics run successful but you cannot access anything voice or telephony from within CCA. I have tried to reset to factory but CCA fails with the message voice-mail features are not functioning. Telling CCA to ignore and continue with the reset will run indefinitely and never complete. I have reboot CUE from bootloader with no success. I have attempted an image reload but it hangs at voicemail bootloader install.

The client has a current backup so all I need do is re-image the device to function before restore of config. Anyone have any ideas on how to get around this problem?

thanks.

Paul

2 Replies 2

jadavies.jr
Level 1
Level 1

Get used to it and learn how to troubleshoot the CUE from the command line.  The CUE in the UC's are the most unstable thing I've ever seen in a PBX.  Don't expect a ton of support from the forums either.  This thing is a distant memory already being EOL'd.

Hi James;

thanks for your comments here. I agree I prefer to use the  CLI also but had been warned not to circumvent the CCA as it can cause instabilities.

I do know the UC is now EOL but just trying to keep my client operational until they decide to upgrade.

So I guess I am faced with either struggling through a wonky CUE or try to erase flash and rebuild from scratch.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: