cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

WIP310 config?

j.lanzon
Level 1
Level 1

I'm trying to get a new WIP310 configured and seem to be missign a config file. System is working fine but when the WIP310 goes on-line it will not provision itself, phones display reads voice not configured and the log server only says

TFTPS:<<ac1e5132:2048 /wip310.cfg
TFTPS:<<ac1e5132:2048 /wip310.cfg
TFTPS:/wip310.cfg not found
TFTPS:/wip310.cfg not found

All devices are on the latest firmware.

Thanks for any help

Joe

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hi Joe,

The easiest way to deploy a WIP310 is via an access point on a LAN, not via an access point on a router. I'd bet that your environment has a router-based AP. :-)

The problem is probably due to multicast traffic between the SPA9000 and the WIP310 being inhibited.

The https://www.myciscocommunity.com/docs/DOC-1736 application note may be of use to you. Refer to Appendix B, page 14/17 for help with manual configuration in the event that your LAN prevents auto-config from succeeding.

You will need to use the WIP310's web-ui to modify a minimum of the following after factory reset, once wireless is configured:

1. Ext 1 tab > General > Line Enable: yes

2. Ext 1 tab > Proxy and Registration > Proxy: IP_of_SPA9k:port
     [example: 192.168.2.100:6060]

3. Ext 1 tab > User ID: any_extension
     [example: 123]

4. Phone tab > General > Station Name: Mobile-1
     [or whatever you prefer]

5. Submit all Changes

Once rebooted, you should be able to verify registration:

1. WIP310's web-ui > Info tab > Ext 1 Status > Registration State:

or 2. SPA9000's web-ui > PBX status link >

Let me know of any progress please.

Regards,

Patrick

----------

View solution in original post

7 Replies 7

Patrick Born
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Joe,

Is the WIP310 deployed in a SPA9000 environment?

When you say "All devices are on the latest firmware" which devices do you mean?

Steps to configuring a WIP310 are:

1. Configure it wireless [manually or with WIP310 wizard]

2. Access the WIP310 web user interface [web-ui] with http://  [if in SPA9000 environment, WIP310 will be auto-configured]

3. Log in as admin and configure if needed

Regards,

Patrick

----------

Hi Patrick,

Yes, the WIP310 is being deployed in a SPA9000 environment, currently working fine.

Sorry that was a little confusing, the firmware on the SPA9000/SPA400s/WIP310 are all current.

The WIP310 is configured, I believe properly as I can get to the admin page and the phones can use its web feature.

The problem appears when the phone tries to auto-configure, that's when the logging server displays the message about the wip310.cfg file missing.

The SPA9000 setup also does not list the MAC of the phone as a possible extension.

Thanks for the help

Joe

Hi Joe,

The easiest way to deploy a WIP310 is via an access point on a LAN, not via an access point on a router. I'd bet that your environment has a router-based AP. :-)

The problem is probably due to multicast traffic between the SPA9000 and the WIP310 being inhibited.

The https://www.myciscocommunity.com/docs/DOC-1736 application note may be of use to you. Refer to Appendix B, page 14/17 for help with manual configuration in the event that your LAN prevents auto-config from succeeding.

You will need to use the WIP310's web-ui to modify a minimum of the following after factory reset, once wireless is configured:

1. Ext 1 tab > General > Line Enable: yes

2. Ext 1 tab > Proxy and Registration > Proxy: IP_of_SPA9k:port
     [example: 192.168.2.100:6060]

3. Ext 1 tab > User ID: any_extension
     [example: 123]

4. Phone tab > General > Station Name: Mobile-1
     [or whatever you prefer]

5. Submit all Changes

Once rebooted, you should be able to verify registration:

1. WIP310's web-ui > Info tab > Ext 1 Status > Registration State:

or 2. SPA9000's web-ui > PBX status link >

Let me know of any progress please.

Regards,

Patrick

----------

Patrick,

Thanks, the phone is now working. :D

Just to fill in the blanks...the WAP I'm using is an older Linksys WAP54G, router (while does have wireless) is an Actiontec provided by Verizon.

The auto-config seemed to have partially worked as the phone had the line enabled and the IP and port of the 9000 in place already, probably why I looked right past it; all that was missing was an extension number to bring the phone online.

Oh and before I forget, any word on the newer firmware to reduce the 2 ring minimum on caller-id?

Thanks again for the help

Joe

Joe,

Great, I'm happy to be of help.

WRT firmware, I assume you're referring the the SPA400? We've got test code that allows Answer after to be reduced below 2, but this just means that the device may not have sufficient time to collect caller id information. This setting does not reduce time to collect caller id.

I'm hoping that this will be part of the next release, dates and features not yet fully defined.

Regards,

Patrick

----------

Hi Patrick,

i just purchased a new WIP310-G2 Phone, but i'm having troubles connecting to my wireless network. I have a CISCO 1841 router with HWIC-AP-G-E wireless card on it and reading you post i noticed that the lack of communication from the router AP and the Phone could be related to multicast traffic being inhibited.

Looking at the router AP log i can see that the phone connects for a few seconds and immediately disconnect. On the "Miscellaneus" section of the phone menu i found a multicast section. What sould be put in there? Is there a way to get this phone connected to a Router AP?

Thanks

Regards

Hi drughetto,

Make sure that the phone is running the latest firmware: 5.0.11(10301355)

On the "Miscellaneus" section of the phone menu i found a multicast section.

This field is the same as accessing http:///admin/

> SIP tab > Linksys Key System Parameters > Multicast Address:

By default, this field is 224.168.168.168:60601 for the phone to communicate with the SPA9000

Regards,

Patrick

-----------

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: