cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

WIP310 Release 5.0.13 not possible to install

Wirelessphone
Level 1
Level 1

I always get the message, when I want to upgrade my WIP310 from 5.0.12 to 5.0.13

"DEVICE COULD NOT BE INITIALIZED"

Software download is correct, Phone switched-off,using Windows 7.

I have tried all, nothing helps.

Any idea?

6 Replies 6

dfelska
Level 1
Level 1

Don't use Windows 7.  Upgrades fine from an XP machine.  Had the same issue.

I am chiming in here, as the upgrade (5.13....exe file) seems to work fine through XP, however, phone info keeps telling me it is still version 5.12....

Now, I have updated the phone only ones; do I need to repeat a couple of USB upgrades to get it on 5.13?

Other http and tftp upgrades through the web admin page does show a (very) quick message on the phone. But no success here either.

Can anyone shed some light here, before I touch any of my other WIP310 phones....

Roel

Did you double check the install package to be sure it's 5.0.13?  You may have accidentally launched the 5.0.12 package by mistake.

I figured it out: it was something else - The install package was correct v5.13; I now managed to update the phone through HTTP.

I forgot to disable Ext 1 for the upgrade procedure; this prohibits the phone to perform the upgrade.

Preparations

You need to make sure that two settings on the web admin page are configured correctly:

1. Tab Provisioning > Under Firmware Upgrade set Upgrade Enalbe = Yes
  2. Tab Ext 1 > Under General set Line Enable = No

On a HTTP or TFTP server, preferably on the same network as the phone itself, copy the firmware file WIP310-513.img (I have renamed the wip310-5.0.13-04-26-2010 file to make it myself a little easier)

Make sure you know the IP-address of the HTTP or TFTP server. For this explanation it's 1.2.3.4

Upgrade

From the web admin page on the phone itself, type the following command below. For this explanation, my phone has IP-address 1.2.3.100

http://1.2.3.100/admin/upgrade?http://1.2.3.4/provisioning/wip310-513.img

On the phone itself, in the display you will see a progress status mesage as % complete and when it's done.

You now can (re-)configure the phone. That's it.

I don't have any experience with this FW upgrade yet; I truthfully hope this FW upgrade solves many of the registration and WiFi problems.

Roel

Loris Albanese
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all,

same problem here.

On windows 7 simply run executable firmware update as administrator. This solve

"DEVICE COULD NOT BE INITIALIZED" issue.
be sure to have

[..]

You need to make sure that two settings on the web admin page are configured correctly:

1. Tab Provisioning > Under Firmware Upgrade set Upgrade Enalbe = Yes
  2. Tab Ext 1 > Under General set Line Enable = No

[..]

as Roel suggested ...

and , after reload, phone powered off

Loris

Hi,

I try update on my OS X machine. But the img file do not open.

File: wip310-5.0.13-04-26-2010.img

Error: Image not recognized

Have anyone got this? And found a solution?