cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

1-touch transfer to BLF keys not working on SPA525G w/ SPA500S Sidecar, using 7.4.3 fw

EUSEriccorp1
Level 1
Level 1

I'm running a bunch of SPA525G phones on an Asterisk BE C.2.4.4  system.  With firmware 7.2.5 the side car keys function as BLFs and one touch transfer keys.  When I upgrade the phone to 7.4.3, the sidecar buttons will not do one touch transfer.  When I click them, it puts my current call on hold, and calls the target extension on a second line.

I have to use 7.4.3, because on 7.2.5 the phones keep locking up.  It seems like there's a flag or simple option that makes the sidecar keys work as xfer keys that is missing from the other firmware.  I see a couple other posts about this, so it looks like a new problem.  Anyone have any ideas?

4 Replies 4

Ryan Finnie
Level 1
Level 1

I was just about to post the same thing, except I saw no difference on SPA50X between 7.3.7 and 7.4.3.  There appears to be no way to use the attendant console to transfer calls.  Each time (xfer->button, bxfer->button, or even just button while on a call) it just places the current call on hold and dials the SD configured.

In my case, I am running Asterisk, with "Server Type" set to "Asterisk", and key configurations like so:

fnc=blf+sd+cp;sub=1234@$PROXY;ext=1234

BLF and Call Pickup work as configured, but it's frustrating when the primary use case of an attendant console is to transfer calls.

The one touch transfer is working fine on phones with firmware 7.2.5  There are other issues with that firmware that preclude it from working for us, so we have to have to have 7.4.3  What's changed since then?

atlantia.tech
Level 1
Level 1

Same issue here, adding it to "the list". One touch xfer worked with Linksys SPA phones heh.

1 - One Touch Transfer on sidecar

2 - 525G second line waiting/ descend BLF bug

3 - Programmable Softkeys useless during a call

4 - Sidetone pre 7.4.3 firmware

5 - Bxfer Softkey using "Dialing Input Key List" instead of "Start Transfer"

Have a call right now to tech support, let's see what we can accomplish. #3 already got me the dreadful "this doesn't work with asterisk, only UC500 and SIP2" (Mind you, it's the same as a feature code, hit *something on the phone and it works, hit PSK and the phone tries a new line). This is not an issue with other manufacturer's phones.

Fingers crossed. Phones do a lot of things "right", but the wrong things are glaring.

Hoping #3 and #1 are related in such a way that both will/can be fixed.

sarahgroup
Level 1
Level 1

Having the same issue here.

Anyone found a solution?

Thanks,

Mike

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: