cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

1 UC540, 2 Sites, and 911

gmgarrian
Level 4
Level 4

I have a single UC540 at an office site in the northeast with a remote office in the midwest with a handfull of phones that register to the UC540 in the NE.

Is there any way within the UC540 to have 911 calls from the NE phones routed to the local 911 services and have the midwest phones that dial 911 routed to their local emergency services?

I'm more familiar with CUCM and this would normally be done with route patterns and partitions but I'm not sure of the limitations of UC540.

3 Replies 3

mcasimirc63
Level 4
Level 4

You would need to modify your COR lists and dialpeers via CLI but it is not available via CCA.  You would need to do everything via CLI to make it transparent to the user.  Why not have the phones register to the other UC540?

There is only one UC540.  It turns out that 911 will be routed to the appropriate location based on outbound caller ID.  This was part of the plan that I was not informed of. 

However, before I was enlightened with the above info I was thinking this might be able to be done with COR lists.  If I were to have two dial peers for 911, one routing to the NE and one pointing to...say....a SIP gateway or something for the remote site.  Then, using COR lists to deny remote office phones from the NE dial peer and vice-versa would theorectically work?

If you only have one UC than you would need to do what you described above.  You can get any number from your SIP provider, but with each DID, they will need to know the correct address for E911. At that point you can give any address.  911 is very important but keep in mind if you don't have the appropriate cert. level with Cisco, they won't support your CLI configuration.

gmgarrian wrote:

Then, using COR lists to deny remote office phones from the NE dial peer and vice-versa would theorectically work?

Based on the what you are trying to do, the COR list would choose which dial peer relates to that specific ephone-dn.  It wouldn't have to deny anything since you would have two dial-peers for 911 and 9911.