cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

2.2.2.5 External MOH not Playing

Dean Rose
Level 1
Level 1

Upon upgrading to LD 2.2.2.5 this afternoon External MOH does not play.  System continually plays Internal MOH file even though "External" is selected via Config utility.  I have attempted to switch it Internal, reboot, switch back to External, reboot, only to it still only play the Internal (vs External) source.

6 Replies 6

Dean Rose
Level 1
Level 1

Additionally, when I dial the MOH extension (334) the display indicates "xmusic" as it should but plays the internal file.

Hi Dean,

Thanks for download and installing the 2.2.3(5) firmware build.  In my setup I am able to hear an external music source (also running 2.2.3(5)).  Can you please try to increase the volume setting on your external device? If the UC320W does not detect an external source it defaults back to an internal source.

Thanks,

Randy

That was the issue.  But I have to turn up the volumn so loud on the external device that it makes the Music distorted.  Is there a sensitivity setting for the 320 to listen for a lower volume of external source?

Dean, 

I will ask the development team if there is a setting.  Thanks for your update, you shouldn't have to raise the volume that load for the external music source to operate correctly.

Randy

Dean,

Tthere is an engineering controlled option to adjust the input gain for the external music source.

Can you send me private email and I can work with you on adjusting the input gain and I can publish a PMF once acceptable value is found.

Randy

rbordner@cisco.com

Dean,

I was able to create a PMF to increase the Input Gain on the external Line in Port.

I emailed you a copy to test out.

Regards,

Randy

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: