cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

2-digit to a 3-digit conversion

Ryan Ingman
Level 1
Level 1

We currently have a UC540 setup using 2-digit extensions. At the time I didn't know this was going to be an issue if we wanted to use another UC540 in a mutli-site configuration as you need to be running with 3-digit extensions. I understand you have to do a Factory Reset to make the current UC540 using 2-digit into a 3-digit one. I have no problem going back through the CCA and setting things back up. My question though is will I be able to do a backup of CUE (using the Web interface) and restore that to the box once I do the reset? I know all the voicemail, greetings, etc.. will be pointing to the old 2-digit extneions so I wasn't sure if there was a way to point them to the new 3-digit extensions.

We have had this system about 18 months and I've done everything with the CCA. I understand I may have to do these changes (if possible at all) via CLI which I don't have a huge problem with (if you can't do it via CCA as I can't see how) since the UC540 are going EOL and Support in the future won't be avaiable

Any help in this matter would be greatly appreciated.

4 Replies 4

Hello Ryan,

You may try to change the extensions in the CUE to 3 digits.

The support for the UC does not stop with EOS it has few years support after EOS/EOL notice.

Best regards,

Alex

Alex,

First off thank you for responding.

Where might I try to do the change in CUE? Do you mean going through the CLI as I don't see how to do it via the GUI (or I am just completely missing it.)

I apologize in that I worded it wrong. I know Support will still be there I just know a lot of people on here like to do things via CLI and I wasn't that worried in doing it that way since the device is going EOL in a few years.

On CUE, you can do the changes with either GUI or CLI. The advantage of CLI is that you can prepare a batch text file and paste in terminal.

HI Paolo,

Where in the GUI?

I have a similar problem

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: