Views
Helpful
Replies

2 questions: Dial back 9 and Wan Port.

maphilip123
Level 1
Level 1

Regarding my questions about the UC320:

1)When a  person calls us and we get a missed call,  returning their call fails   because there is no 9 to get out. We have to go to the beginning of the   line and press 9 to add that to the re-dial and then call. I have   instructions to fix this on the 500 series, by adjusting the dialback   rules to add a 9 the CID of incoming calls. Is there any way to do this   on the 320? There are some potential location I know will be annoyed  by  having to work around this glitch to return missed calls.

2)  The WAN port is not connected to anything when the system is  hosted  internally at a location. On the old firmware, we were able to  just plug  the WAN port back into a local LAN port to get it to stop  warning us,  and also be able to retrieve updates etc. With the new  firmware, this  configuration causes the system to flip out, so we have  left the wan  port disconnected. Is there a correct way to host the  system internally  on a LAN without a WAN connection? What to do with  the WAN port at our  site?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Philip,

Correction on the WAN port connection. 

With firmware release 2.2.2(5) and higher the WAN connection is not required on the UC320.  Any cloud base services are not available to the UC320W in this configuration. 

I will still suggest a local NTP server for the UC320W to obtain a time source.  If a local NTP server is unavailable  It is possible to manually set the time via a connected SPA Phone after any system restarts.

Regards,

Randy

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

rbordner
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Philip,

1) Adding the 9 (or steering digit)  on the missed call is an open issue and is being investigated by the development team.

2) The UC320W by default wants a WAN connection.  I would suggest setting the WAN port with a static IP address and connect to a hub to provide link up.  In addition the UC320W needs an NTP server to maintain a system clock.

https://supportforums.cisco.com/docs/DOC-16301

Please download the ChangeNTPserver.pmf from above link and configure a local LAN NTP server for the UC320W.

Regards,

Randy

Philip,

Correction on the WAN port connection. 

With firmware release 2.2.2(5) and higher the WAN connection is not required on the UC320.  Any cloud base services are not available to the UC320W in this configuration. 

I will still suggest a local NTP server for the UC320W to obtain a time source.  If a local NTP server is unavailable  It is possible to manually set the time via a connected SPA Phone after any system restarts.

Regards,

Randy