cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

3 beeps at call start after enabling SRTP on SPA502G

kasper123
Level 4
Level 4

I use asterisk (Elastix 2.4) and Cisco SPA502G phones.

After enabling SRTP on the phones I see that the traffic is encrypted but during every call there are 3 beeps at the beginning of the call. Probably this is to let me know that the call is encrypted but this is very irritating.

Is there a way to disable the beeps and keep SRTP enabled.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Dan Lukes
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Second servis ;-)

... it seems you are hearing . Reconfigure it according your's wishes.

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Dan Lukes
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Second servis ;-)

... it seems you are hearing . Reconfigure it according your's wishes.

Thank you Dan. Yes that's the sound I'm hearing. Is there a way to setup a sound that I would just hear only once at the beginning?

I told you - you are hearing Secure_Call_Indication_Tone. It's on Voice/Regional tab of device's web configuration page.

You can reconfigure it to anything you wish - read aministrative guide for value syntax. For example

397@-19,507@-19;5(0/2/0,.2/.1/1,.1/2.1/2)

may fullfill your requirements.

Alex A. Welzl
Level 1
Level 1

One question which is maybe a bit related: I have the issue that I do not hear any call waiting tone during a SRTP call even though the values are set and the 2nd call is being notified on the display and on the MWI lamp. Do you have the same experience? I am running the latest SPA firmware and Asterisk 1.8.20.1.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: