cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

4 FXO lines on a 504G

adamvaxvick
Level 1
Level 1

So I have setup the UC320 with 4 FXO trunk lines and deployed 12 504G phones. I assumed since they are 4 line phones that they would be able to see all 4 trunk lines at the same time.

Upon getting everything configured I have discovered that the first programmable button seems to be permanently assigned to the users personal extension. Which leaves only 3 remaining buttons for shared FXO lines. So I was forced to make the 4th trunk line a hunt group with all the phones.

It's such a simple setup I'm surprised the 4 line IP phones can only actually monitor 3 of the shared trunks leaving the 4th working but hidden from view. There doesn't appear to be anyway to change or remove the first button from being the personal extension button, which I find to be redundant.

All I would like is to have the phone monitor/display the status of all 4 trunk lines on the phone. Any help for this situation? Maybe I'm overlooking something obvious here?

1 Reply 1

rbordner
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Adam,

You are correct, even in Key System Mode the UC320W assigns an extension on the first line button. This allows for internal dialing between users without utilizing a Shared FXO line.

The other 3 line buttons can programmed via the UC320W.

The SPA504G is a 4 line phone and can be configured with multiple SIP based call control systems, when used with UC320W then the phone allows for 3 user programmable line buttons.

Regards,

Randy

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: