Helpful
Replies

410 messages to SIP Provider (Skype)

hermanw
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

First time user on the discussion

Alright - when someone calls into our system, our SIP Provider (Skype) sometimes receives a 410 message from our UC320 and the call will not ring. Now, this is a hit and miss thing so I am unsure why it works sometimes and then others it won't. Has anyone experienced anything like this?

I attached a log file as well in hopes that will be of some help.

Thanks!

7 Replies 7

Dturner4777
Level 1
Level 1

Hi

Can you please send us a screen shot of details of the config for sip in the uc320w.

Thanks

Dave

Below is a screenshot of our SIP configuration (had to take a couple screenshots and combine them into one)

Thanks again!

David Trad
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi William,

This is the SIP error Message:

Number changed

410 Gone

Now the problem is tracking down where the issue is originating from, as much as I would like to blame the UC-320W for it , I am doubtful about it not sending the registration/number info to Skype to maintain registration (But it could be an issue), other than that Skype's SBC might also be dropping the connection as well.

When you say it is a hit and miss, say you receive a call and it works, wait say 30 minutes and try again and they get a 410 error? Or is it really random that it is hard to narrow down on a pattern?

Cheers,

David.

Cheers, David Trad. **When you rate a persons post, you are indicating a thank you or that it helped, but at the same time you are also helping to maintain the community spirit - You don't have to rate posts and you wont be looked down upon :) *

David Trad,

When I say it is hit or miss, I mean I can call in and it will give me a busy signal and then I can call in again (5 seconds later) and it will work.  It can work 5 consecutive times or it won't work 5 consecutive times.  There is no pattern of when it works/doesn't work. 

Dave Turner,

I'll provide a screenshot here in a bit

Thank you both for such a fast response!

Hi William,

Is there any way you can turn on logging and see if it captures any useful information? It would be good to see what is coming from your end rather than from Skypes end.

Cheers,

David.

Cheers, David Trad. **When you rate a persons post, you are indicating a thank you or that it helped, but at the same time you are also helping to maintain the community spirit - You don't have to rate posts and you wont be looked down upon :) *

Hi

Also what ADSL router are you using?

Thanks

DAve

hermanw
Level 1
Level 1

Just an FYI on the status of this... I called cisco support on Friday because we were having another problem (not related to this at all) and decided to ask about this as well. They are currently looking at a log of it. I will post the solution once I receive a response from them

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: