cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

525 handsets and Edit Dial softkey

stacy.thompson
Level 3
Level 3

When our customer uses their EditDial softkey to return a missed or received call, the cursor put them at the end of the 10 digit number string ? Most handsets have the cursor at the start of the digits so they can simply press 9  and call from there.  With the cursor at the end, you have to back arrow to the beginning to add the leading 9 - what a pain !

Is there a way to adjust or modify this in the 525's settings?  I cannot seem to find any info on it in the 525 manual I have...

Thank you,

Stacy

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

David Trad
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Just create the translation rules for this, it can not be done (Well not that i am aware of since the last answer i got) and everyone complains about it so i just gave up and create rules so that it auto inserts the number there, could never understand why this needed to be done, Cisco phone systems are the first ones i have seen where you have to manually edit the number to be able to call it back :D

Just PM me stacey if you need help with creating the Translation rules and would be more then happy to try and work with you on this.

Cheers,

David.

Cheers, David Trad. **When you rate a persons post, you are indicating a thank you or that it helped, but at the same time you are also helping to maintain the community spirit - You don't have to rate posts and you wont be looked down upon :) *

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

David Trad
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Just create the translation rules for this, it can not be done (Well not that i am aware of since the last answer i got) and everyone complains about it so i just gave up and create rules so that it auto inserts the number there, could never understand why this needed to be done, Cisco phone systems are the first ones i have seen where you have to manually edit the number to be able to call it back :D

Just PM me stacey if you need help with creating the Translation rules and would be more then happy to try and work with you on this.

Cheers,

David.

Cheers, David Trad. **When you rate a persons post, you are indicating a thank you or that it helped, but at the same time you are also helping to maintain the community spirit - You don't have to rate posts and you wont be looked down upon :) *

Thanks David!

I'll see if the Cisco BU team has a definitive "cisco" answer....and if I hear nothing then we'll do just as you suggested- edit the trans rules to add it for them.

I'm less impressed with the 525 each day.

Stacy

No one else has offered any input here- 1) is this normal for a 525 ?  2) how do you fix it short of taking Davi'd suggestions ?

Thx,

Stacy

I will put in a request to have the edit dial changed, but it might be awhile before that gets implemented.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: