Views
Helpful
Replies

525G2 Firmware Download

amerino
Level 1
Level 1

Hello guys.

I'm trying to get the 7.6.2 firmware for this phone but in the website when i try to download I get "This file is no longer available to be downloaded"

Where can I download the firmware I really need to upgrade the phone it has the 7.2 version and I have many bugs with it.

Thanks in advance.

9 Replies 9

Iliya Gatsev
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi, My name is Iliya Gatsev. I am a Cisco TAC Network Engineer in the Cisco Small Business Support Center.

Let me check what can be done.

Iliya Gatsev
Cisco STAC Network Engineer
Together we are the human network .:|:.:|:. CISCO

I have a former "Ring Central" Cisco 525G2 phone, connected to WiFi

When I put in just one line, ALL Five lines show as entered and

all Five Lines shows "phone off hook" or similar.

Does Ring Central "lock" these 525G2 phones?

At first, the Ring Central logo was the logo showing at start up.

I rebooted, factory reset...

Now the RingCentral logo is gone but it also appears

that this Cisco SPA 525-G2 has a distinct lack of willingness to.being 

reprogrammed for Call Centric.

Any advice appreciated.

Sorry, your issue have no relationship with topic of this thread. Create new thread for your issue.Thanks.

Dan Lukes
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

It seems SPA525G2 firmware has been republished here.

We have SPA525G2 phones with 7.4.9 firmware.  We need to go to 7.5.2b but that firmware doesn't seem to exist anywhere!  The most I can find anywhere on Cisco.com is 7.6.x.  So my phones are all stuck on old firmware.  Anyone have 7.6.2b for SPA525G2?

SPA525G seems not to require pass thru 7.5.2b firmware version to upgrade to most recent firmware. No 7.5.2b firmware has been released at all for it.

Did you tried to upgrade directly to most recent one ?

That worked, thanks!!

I too have 525g2 and running 7.4.9c and cannot upload any new firmware.  I have tried several version of 7.6 but nothing will take.  After phone reboots then it reverts to 7.4.9c.  Any thoughts?

Thank you!

You disclosed neither log captured from phone during update nor upgrade method used nor even exact firmware file name you used. No advice possible beyond just blind shot. Upgrade file for different model ? Misconfigured HTTP server causing broken content has been sent to phone ? Phone is not retail but a customized for an operator one ? ...

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: