cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

7926G and UC540 "Software pack is not valid"

swdatapro
Level 1
Level 1

I'm getting "Software pack is not valid for this device" while attempting to upload 7926G firmware in the Phone Loads module. We have a UC540.

CCA 3.2

IOS 15.1(2) T4

Attempting this load: cmterm-7926-sccp.1-4-2.zip

Any tips would be appreciated. Thank you...

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Manual install no good ?

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Manual install no good ?

David Trad
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi Savoy,

How are you doing this?

There are two way to achieve this with CCA:

1. In the topology view screen when you first load CCA up, you drag and drop the ZIP file onto the UC, CCA should then upload it and unzip it and place the files into the right directory on the flash card, further to that it will also update the required lines of code to ensure that when the phone reboots it captures the new firmware and config for it

2. Again in the toplogy view, but this time you may be required to unzip the file, this is not always the case but sometimes is required, if there is more than one file in the zip folder then this may not be possible.

This is just something to work with, further to that if you have more problems let me know so we can dig deeper into it with you, or if it becomes urgent don't wait any longer and log a support case and get one of the friendly staff to assist you, the whole process shouldn't take them more than 15 minutes and I am sure they wouldn't mind easy jobs like this one

Cheers,

David.

Cheers, David Trad. **When you rate a persons post, you are indicating a thank you or that it helped, but at the same time you are also helping to maintain the community spirit - You don't have to rate posts and you wont be looked down upon :) *

The drag and drop method does not work for some reason. As if it's locked for some reason... I get that circle with a line through it symbol when trying that.

I used the phone load management section. I suppose I could just do a manual upload from the CLI but would prefer to know what I'm doing wrong on this.

CP-7926 is not support in any Released Software Pack yet.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucme/requirements/guide/cme81spc.htm

Paolo,

Yes. I had to manually upload the firmware.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: