Views
Helpful
Replies

7962G - transfer button disappears

Joseph Chambers
Level 1
Level 1

uc560 - sp 8.0.2

after a week or so, the transfer button disappears until I reboot the phone, which is a problem since this a receptionist phone.

Suggestions? Ideas?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

They have 5 extensions on the phone?  You might want to check if other calls are coming in at the same time.  If another call comes in, your softkeys change to affect that other call that is ringing in instead of the call you are talking on.

If that is the case, you would have to scroll up with the arrow keys to the original call to see the softkeys for that call.  It would be a good exercise to write down what the exact softkeys are available when the transfer is failing because you could tell what you phone's status is at the time ie. On-hook, Remote-in-use, etc.

Regards,

Adam Compton

View solution in original post

8 Replies 8

econsystems
Level 1
Level 1

We have the issue for months at a client.  The client has SPA504g phones.  And randomly different phones will lose dialtone.  They could not place outbound calls, but were able to receive.  Also, the same issue as you described would happen and during the transfer process, the calls would just get dropped or would loose the transfer button completely.  We have been working with support and have not found any fix.  We have tried swapping phones, switches, cables.

What type of switches do you have.  Are you using CAT5e cables for uplink between UC and Switches.  I would highly recomend using CAT6 or higher.

WS-C3560-48PS-E is the switch.

What software version is the UC500 and what is the software version on the 7962G?  Make sure to look at the actual

7962 because there's a small chance it didn't get its firmware from the UC500.

Regards,

Adam Compton

sh telephony-service shows load 7962 SCCP42.8-5-3S.

Webpage of 7962 shows Version SCCP42.8-5-3S

so they are the same.

CME - Version 8.0

ADVIPSERVICESK9-M), Version 15.0(1)XA2

They say it happens all the time - transfer button gone.

Only 1 call on phone - button is there.

2 calls, the button is gone.

I have 5 extensions on the phone.

They have 5 extensions on the phone?  You might want to check if other calls are coming in at the same time.  If another call comes in, your softkeys change to affect that other call that is ringing in instead of the call you are talking on.

If that is the case, you would have to scroll up with the arrow keys to the original call to see the softkeys for that call.  It would be a good exercise to write down what the exact softkeys are available when the transfer is failing because you could tell what you phone's status is at the time ie. On-hook, Remote-in-use, etc.

Regards,

Adam Compton

I'm going onsite tomorrow so I can watch what happens and let you know.

I think you were right.

But I changed the way the operator was setup.

They aren't what I would I consider a true operator - they didn't answer every call, so the system was logging them out of the hunt group lines after they missed so many calls until eventually throughout the day, they would be logged out of every line on the phone.