Views
Helpful
Replies

Ability to monitor DND status on Employees phones from reception

Naum Vitanovski
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I have installed a UC540, at a clients premisses, and the client requested, that the reception should be able to have some kind of notification, when some of the collegues have the DND button switched on, on hteir phone, to get a light or somehow see it, so she does not transfer calls to them.

I setup the monitor buttons for other phones, but when the dnd is on, nothing happens on the monitor button.

What is the way to set this up, and is it possible?

They said that their other system previously had this function.

Any help will be appreciated.

Thank you

Naum.

5 Replies 5

Naum Vitanovski
Level 1
Level 1

Also I forgot to mention, that the phones are all 7965, and the one on reception has the 715 expansion.

I have solved my question.

You just have setup the button as watch button instead of monitor.

Hi Naum,

If you use BLF the icon will show DND icon for the monitored extensions.

Best regards,

Alex

Hi Naum,

Good you resolved it

Just so you know, this will show up as a red button when lit, exactly the same as if they were on another call, there is no colour distinction for this, make sure the receptionist is aware of that

Cheers,

David Trad.

Cheers, David Trad. **When you rate a persons post, you are indicating a thank you or that it helped, but at the same time you are also helping to maintain the community spirit - You don't have to rate posts and you wont be looked down upon :) *

Actually it is not exactly the same. A phone on DND will show with a X icon in addition to the light.

At least, with blf-speed-dial configuration.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: