Views
Helpful
Replies

About blast group and GDM voice mail

A2LDS-60540
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I have configurated an UC500 with 2 users 201 and 202 members of blast group 511. I have configurated voice mail to send mail notification for the 3 voices mails. When the GDM received a new message I received an email notification with the voice message attach. But when I try to listen the message from GDM using user voice mail then 9 the GDM have any message. When I go to CAA to monitor GDM voice mail, this one ahev 9 messages. But it is not possible to listen then from GDM. Have you already have this problem ?

Regards

16 Replies 16

David Trad
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi Sebastian,

You will have to forgive me if i have not understood your issue, i might not have read your post properly (Language barrier??)

I suspect the problem you have, is that when you try to listen to the voice mail deposits of the GDM you are logging into that particular handsets voice mail system, you may need to press (9?) to log into the GDM which is not the same as the VM that is attached to that IP phone....

Oh and make sure that the IP phone you want to check the GDM with is actually authorized to do it, CCA would have asked you which ones you want to be able to log into the GDM (Assuming you used CCA).

Again i may have not read what you wrote properly, but if i have i hop this resolves it for you

Cheers,

David.

Cheers, David Trad. **When you rate a persons post, you are indicating a thank you or that it helped, but at the same time you are also helping to maintain the community spirit - You don't have to rate posts and you wont be looked down upon :) *

Hi David,

Thank for your response.

When I consult the GDM, I am using a phone users members of the blast group. When I press the voice mail button of SPA504 phone, I ma logged on user voice mail, then I press 9, I am logged on blast group GDM, I hear the name of the group and I can personalize their voice mail. But the voice mail has any messages. When I consult the CCA, this voice mail have 9 messages, but any from GDM voice mail.

Have you a solution for this point ?

How to to check that phones are authorized to check the GDM using CCA or CLI?

Regards,

Sébastien DOS-SANTOS

Have all the users that are part of that Blast Group configured their VM Box? Each member of the Blast Group must have gone through the inital setup of the VM box before GDM will work.

Brian

Hi,

The two user are members of Blast Group, and the user mail box have been configurated.

I have configurated the GDM mail box prompt using local using voice mail then press 9. When I try to call the blast group, I listen the personnalized blast group, I register a new message, then I connect to CCA to review voice mail. The GDM blast group have a new message, I have received the mail notification (Not IMAP), but when i try to listen the new message from phone user using option 9. I am connected to the blast group GDM, I listen the GDM prompt but the uc500 say no message for this voicemail.

Regards,

Sébastien DOS-SANTOS

What do you mean when you say you connect to CCA to review GDM voice mail?  CCA doesnt provide this.

Hi,

I am using CCA to monitor voice mail status (not listen message),just review the voice mail usage like number of message, time use, available time ...

or you can used the UC500 website to monitor this one.

On my configuration, I have new message for the blast group but unable to listen it from GDM.

Regards,

Sébastien DOS-SANTOS

What flavor of the UC do you have, and what IOS and version of CUE are you running?

Hi,

UC540W-FXO-K9

Software pack 8.1.0
IOS Image uc500.151.2.T2
CME 8.1
Voice Mail 8.0.3

Regards,

Sébastien DOS-SANTOS

I would try to remove the Blast Group and the GDM once there are removed recreate each

BRian

Hi Sebastien,

Is it possible you can post your configuration of the CME and the CUE side? I am not sure if you know how to do this or not but it would be very helpful to know how CCA has configured it, and then match up the CME config to the CUE.

If you can get to the VM and log in then we know that is working, if you can press "9" and log into the GDM then we know that is working as well, the question is, where in the GDM are teh voice mails being deposited, there is a possability the GDM is configured for another mail box and there is a confusion as to which one the IP phones are supposed to be logged in I.E multiple GDM boxes with the voice mails being deposited in one and the phones logging into another one.

Cheers,

David.

Cheers, David Trad. **When you rate a persons post, you are indicating a thank you or that it helped, but at the same time you are also helping to maintain the community spirit - You don't have to rate posts and you wont be looked down upon :) *

Hi,

Could you please find to attach file the current configuration extract from CCA

Hi Sebastien,

Thank you for the Config

Your CME Config is perfectly fine, would need to see the CUE config now to check how that is configured, I am not sure if you can do this with CCA as I have not become fully acquainted with CCA 3 yet.

I would recommend though at this point you log a SMB support request, there is some ground here I need to cover before I can provide you any further support as the whole landscape has changed in the last 10 months.

Cheers,

David.

Hi All,

I have remove the blast group from CCA and create a new one with voicemail. Now, the problem is fix.

Thank for your support.

Regards,

Sebastien DOS-SANTOS

SImple enough then.    Did my CUE CLI displays alert you to missing configuration?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: