Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Add numbers in local directory

Hello,

I would like to know if it's possible to give a restricted access for users on the GUI to add numbers in the local directory ?

I found nothing about that, yet it's something classic for a telephony system.

I can give an access in CLI mode with a restricted access with which they could enter the "directory entry" command under the "telephony-service" menu, but it's not a good solution for a customer who knows nothing about the Cisco CLI...

I thought that as a user with a privilege level to 15 can have access to the whole CME GUI configuration page, maybe it's possible to set some privileges on a user with a lower level to allow him to modifiy the local directory numbers trough the GUI without any access to other settings.

So, if it's possible to let an access just on the local directory through the GUI, what commands are used to allow that (access to the GUI for a specified privilege level) ? :)

Thanks.

Cordially

Florent

6 Replies 6

jguggehe
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Florent,

To my knowledge, there are only 2 access levels in the GUI - Administrator and User.  The Administrator has access to everything, the User has access only to personal settings.

There is a way for phone users to administer speed dial...

https://www.myciscocommunity.com/docs/DOC-5446

I just wanted to pass that along, and realize you are asking for CME GUI access roles, but this is often overlooked.

True enough, Steve.  I assumed that the question was regarding a system-wide speed dials, not personal speed dials.

Thanks for catching that.

My issue was about the "local directory", where it's possible to enter up to 250 phones numbers in common with all phones...

And not personnal speed dial or fast dial numbers...

So, is there a way to give a restricted access to the GUI of the CME for users of the company to add numbers in the "local directory" ?

It's maybe be impossible, I don't know, that's why I ask.

Cordially

Florent

I dont know of a way to have role based CME GUI access, but LOCAL speed dial is now provisionable from the phone. I just wanted to share that with you, so you can decide if that would help.

This is theSystem Speed dial now configured with CCA 1.9.1, where it pushes the speeddial.xml to UC520 flash: for you, accessible by all phones.

These numbers will appear on the Phone's user interface Directory Button --> LOCAL Speed Dial

sdistef wrote:

I dont know of a way to have role based CME GUI access, but LOCAL speed dial is now provisionable from the phone. I just wanted to share that with you, so you can decide if that would help.

This is theSystem Speed dial now configured with CCA 1.9.1, where it pushes the speeddial.xml to UC520 flash: for you, accessible by all phones.

These numbers will appear on the Phone's user interface Directory Button --> LOCAL Speed Dial

Hi Steven,

Thanks for your useful link.

I would like to know is there any other function that will show caller ID when we received call. Let's say I saved my mobile num under personal speed dial list and I made a call from my mobile to Cisco ip phone. I want to see caller ID. Can It be doable?

Sincerely,

Andrew

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: