cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Add Ringers to 525G2

Dean Rose
Level 1
Level 1

Any way to upload additional ringers to the 525G2 phones either on a per phone basis or system wide?  The choices provided with the exception of the "office" ringer seem rather corny and not professional.

3 Replies 3

Hi Dean,

You can install custom ring tones on the SPA525 series phone through the USB port. 

1. On a FAT32 USB key, create a directory called   mp3
  2. Put the mp3 file that you want to be your ringtone in that directory on the USB key
  3. Eject the key from your PC
  4. Connect the key to the USB port on the top of the SPA525 and wait 10 seconds
  5. Press the Settings button and go to User Preferences -> Audio Preferences
  6. Scroll to the line button you want to modify and press the round rocker key to the right once
  7. Press the "FromUsb" softkey to display a list of MP3 files in the directory
  8. You can then SAVE the mp3 to the phone by pressing the softkey.  This copies the ringtone to the phone.

Cheers,

Chris

ajchellew
Level 1
Level 1

Last time I tried adding an MP3 ringtone to a SPA525G2 I couldn't and reported it as a bug here:

https://supportforums.cisco.com/message/3436428#3436428

I can't see the status of the bug so have no idea if its been fixed, can someone update me?

Tony

Hi Anthony,

Bug was reported fixed in 7.4.9a and verified by test team as fixed in 7.5.1.  I know the upcoming UC320W 2.2 firmware release will have 7.5.1 or higher.

Chris