Views
Helpful
Replies

Add Same Extension Number to Multiple DN's through CCA

mark
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

Is there a way to add the same extension number to multiple dn's through the CCA?  I would also like to be able to set a preference for each DN and make them single lines.  I use this configuration for alot of customers, for example 4 phones will all have a shared receptionist line with the single line dn's I created.  This way if a call comes in it rings on all phones even if the line is in use (overlay with call waiting).  If there is a better way to do this, I am all ears.  Ever since the phone configuration was removed from CUE, I have hesitated to upgrade any of the phone systems that we support as the CCA is not the greatest tool to use.  It is not very reliable.  Any help would be very appreciated.

Thank you,

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Mario Garcia
Level 3
Level 3

Hi Mark,

You can still do what you want through the web GUI. When CUE was upgraded the CME portion was removed. You need to go to 10.1.10.2/CCME.html, which is the CME piece that was removed from CUE GUI.

I am a big CLI person since I started with the CME platform on ISRs. But I would agree with Steve, most of these features can be configured with CCA 3.0. CCA has come a long way. If you feel CCA is missing functionality there is a forum topic where you can request these. I have started to use this more. But when CLI is needed make sure to reference the Out of Band management and use dial peer numbers and DNs that CCA does not reference.

-Mario

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

View solution in original post

7 Replies 7

Steven DiStefano
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

A shared dual line created on multiple Phone's buttons will exact the behavior you desire, configured with CCA.

I don't follow the 'preference' requirement, since all phones ring at the same time with shared lines. Hunt groups can have algorithms, also available in CCA.

CCA is now very reliable, and that is based on 3.0 experience. Come home to CCA

I will tell you that if you have used CLI and CUE GUI, CCA won't manage that system. But if you stay with CCA, we will support it and you.

I have tried creating the shared dual lines on Multiple phones all on button 1.  What happens is when a call comes in the first time, all phones ring. When the second call comes in, none of the phones ring if that line is in use.  Only the person using the line hears a call waiting beep and the other phones don't ring at all.  This is the same behavior if I use the overlay with call waiting with dual lines.

The only way I have been able to go around this is through the CUE GUI or CLI.  What I would do is create for example 4 single line dn's with a preference of 0 - 3.  They first 3 would have a no hunstop and the last would have hunstop channel command with a CFB/NA.  Then I would apply the 4 dn's to button 1 with the overlay/call-waiting.  When a call comes in all phones ring, when the second call comes in it roles to the dn with a preference of 1 if the dn with preference 0 is in use and all phones ring and so on and so forth.

I think CCA has come along way from the first version and it makes ALOT of things easier to configure but I don't understand why the CUE GUI was removed if the CCA cannot handle some advanced configurations.  I am having to configure alot of stuff through CLI which takes longer than the CUE GUI.  Hopefully you can help me out on the CCA configuration of what I am trying to accomplish.  It would make things alot easier for future installs.

Thanks,

P.S.

It looks like I'm not the only one asking for this feature.  Below is a copy paste from another post.

What I would like to see in future CCA releases

Improvements that really need to be made to CCA:

• Ability to configure a shared extension that is made up of multiple ephone-dns, each with the same number but with different preference values
    • The ability to configure a shared extension consisting of a single ephone-dn does exist since CCA 2.0
    • The ability to do the same thing with multiple ephone-dns is not in CCA yet. Configuring this feature in CLI breaks CCA compatibility currently, and we use this feature at every customer site that has the UC520.
    • We use this feature at all of our UC520 customer sites.

sdistef wrote:

A shared dual line created on multiple Phone's buttons will exact the behavior you desire, configured with CCA.

This is true, unless you want the primary extension button to be shared.  It seems that with SP8.1/CCA3.0 this configuration is no longer supported (per TAC).   Any thoughts on why it was removed?

Mario Garcia
Level 3
Level 3

Hi Mark,

You can still do what you want through the web GUI. When CUE was upgraded the CME portion was removed. You need to go to 10.1.10.2/CCME.html, which is the CME piece that was removed from CUE GUI.

I am a big CLI person since I started with the CME platform on ISRs. But I would agree with Steve, most of these features can be configured with CCA 3.0. CCA has come a long way. If you feel CCA is missing functionality there is a forum topic where you can request these. I have started to use this more. But when CLI is needed make sure to reference the Out of Band management and use dial peer numbers and DNs that CCA does not reference.

-Mario

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

This is AWSOME!!.  I didn't know about that link.  This will work great!  I use the CCA for about 90% of the configuration, it does make alot of stuff super simple to configure but I haven't been able to use it fully yet for our deployments.  I think once the feature that I mentioned in the original question is added, I will probably be able to use it all the way.

Thank you very much for helping me out.

I think the issue is if there isnt a voice mail box assigned to an extension, then it cannot access voice mail (no credentials), so it cannot access the GDM for the shared lines or hunt groups.   So the first line needs to be a normal line.  Pretty sure anyway....

Steve-

In our instance, the first line most definitely has a VM box associated.   The first line is, after all, the extension of the user.