cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Adding a new SIP Trunk ITSP "Broadvoice" into CCA

Marcos Salvador
Level 1
Level 1

I need help to configure my broadvoice sip-trunk to my UC-540.

Here is the worksheet and some extra info:

Thank you in advance.

Rgs,

Marcos

ParameterValue
Name of ITSPBroadvoice
Dialplan localeUSA
Display Proxy Server (Primary) fieldYes
Display Proxy Server (Backup) fieldYes
Display Registrar Server fieldYes
Display Outbound Proxy Server fieldNo
Display Digest Authentication (Username / Password)Yes
Display Customer Company Name fieldNo
Display Call Admission Control fieldNo
Display User Credentials fieldYes
ITSP SIP TRUNK PARAMETERS
Voice CodecG.711ulaw,
Fax protocolT.38
RFC2833 (DTMF) payload type101
Should UC500 register all DIDs to ITSPYes
Is SIP registration for DID(s) using same username / password or   unique username / password per DIDNo

Configuration:

1. Sip.conf

• Pedantic
      In the [general] section ensure                           pedantic is set to no
      pedantic=no

• Registration
      In the [general] section of the config file create a line like this:
      register                               => <phonenumber>@sip.broadvoice.com:<password>:<phonenumber>@sip.broadvoice.com/<extension>

• Replace phonenumber with                             your account phone number,
    • Replace password with                             your password
    • Replace extension with                           one of your accessible extensions in the dial plan.

2. BroadVoice Peer

• Add a new section towards the bottom of the file                             to insure you don't overwrite any important data                           in [general]
      [sip.broadvoice.com]
      type=peer
      user=phone
      host=sip.broadvoice.com
      fromdomain=sip.broadvoice.com
      fromuser=<phone number>
      secret=<register password>
      username=<phone number>
      insecure=very
      context=from-broadvoice
      authname=<phone number>
      dtmfmode=inband
      dtmf=inband
      ;Disable canreinvite if you are behind a NAT
      canreinvite=no

• Be sure you fill in fromuser with                           your phone number.

3. /etc/hosts

• Finding the right proxy
      Ping the following hosts and select for the best time:

proxy.lax.broadvoice.com
      proxy.dca.broadvoice.com
      proxy.mia.broadvoice.com
      proxy.atl.broadvoice.com
      proxy.chi.broadvoice.com
      proxy.bos.broadvoice.com
      proxy.nyc.broadvoice.com

After you have chosen the one with the best ping time,                           do a dnslookup by running nslookup on the hostname.                         

• Modifying                               /etc/hosts
      Using the IP Address you received                               from nslookup add a line like this to /etc/hosts:                          
      {ip} sip.broadvoice.com

Insert the IP appropriately

4. extensions.conf

6 Replies 6

David Trad
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi Marcos,

A couple of things

Firstly, the above information pertains to an Asterisk based configuration - not a Cisco IOS configuration, the configuration of the systems are very much different.

Secondly, If you are using CCA to configure the system then programming the system to talk to your ITSP is fairly simple as you just input the data supplied by your ITSP into the GUI and it will take care of the programming parameters for you in the background.

If you are building this system via CLI then please advise and we can assist you with the command, but in any event you really should use CCA to build and manage the system.

I wait for your response so i know best how to help you out

Cheers,

David.

Cheers, David Trad. **When you rate a persons post, you are indicating a thank you or that it helped, but at the same time you are also helping to maintain the community spirit - You don't have to rate posts and you wont be looked down upon :) *

Hi David,

Thank you for your promptly response! I used the General SIP Trunk Provider configuration with no sucess. I was following the instructions ... " The Generic SIP Trunk Provider template is not compatible with all Internet telephony service providers. To request a CCA template for a new SIP Trunk provider, click here.

Adding a new SIP Trunk ITSP into CCA

VERSION 4 Click to view document history

With CCA 1.9 and higher, there  is an option to create XML templates for SIP trunk ITSPs that can be  imported into CCA. To create an XML template, please fill out the  information requested below and create a new post / discussion on the  UC500 forum. The UC500 team will respond in a timely manner. If there  are questions about the below, please also raise them in the forum post.

SIP Trunk XML template requirements - Items in BOLD are mandatory:"

I did post all the required info and also all other parameters from my ITSP (as you said asterisk related sip parameters) in order to help the development of the template.

If you need any further assistance please contact the Broadvoice:

Contact Customer Support

Phone:
WEST COAST or CENTRAL: (312) 625-1400
EAST COAST: (212) 202-0300 or (978) 418-7300
Fax:
(978) 418-7100
Email:
support@broadvoice.com

Please let me know how to proceed.

Rgs,

Marcos

David Trad
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi Marcos,

Let's work through this problem step by step

Are you using the latest version of CCA? (3.0.1)

What is the actual problem you are getting when you set it up as a generic SIP trunk? Do you or have you conducted a debug on the SIP trunk to retrieve error messages to be used for diagnostics??

Have you at the very least engaged broadvoice with the issues you are having and also made them aware that you are attempting to connect with them using a CME based system?

Have you requested help from Cisco SMB support yet? Or is the system not under any support contract and the forums are your only support option at this stage??

Can you provide us with your running configuration with the broadvoice trunk configured using the latest CCA so as to see how it has been configured versus how BV expect you to talk to their SBC's?

NOTE: if you provide us with a running configuration please make sure you remove all sensitive data from it before posting it.

I can tell you that the UC 500 can talk to broadvoice that is not a concern at this stage, my concern is the configuration that is being applied to the system which may not work with BV's Systems, I have successfully setup 1 connection to BV about 14 months ago and I am fairly certain not much has changed with their network, so I am fairly certain it can be done.

Lets see the answers you provide and from there we can progress to a more lower level stuff, it's best we get all the information right at this level first so I know what we are dealing with, I can help you set this up VIA CCA but this is not the appropriate way now to do it and we should get this right using CCA, if not then the option to use SBS support to make the required CLI may need to be realized and acted upon, we should not make CLI changes at this stage that may put your box outside of a supported configuration unless all else fails.

Cheers,

David.

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

Cheers, David Trad. **When you rate a persons post, you are indicating a thank you or that it helped, but at the same time you are also helping to maintain the community spirit - You don't have to rate posts and you wont be looked down upon :) *

Hi David,

I'm sorry for the delay, thank you for your understanding.

Here we are:

Are you using the latest version of CCA? (3.0.1)

- Yes.

What  is the actual problem you are getting  when you set it up as a generic  SIP trunk? Do you or have you conducted a debug on the SIP trunk to  retrieve error messages to be used for diagnostics??

- I'm not being able to make or receive calls using the SIP trunk. The customer support team informed that there is a registration, but no requests are going to their servers. The registration is temporary and do not sustain.

Here is the debug info from CCA:

----------  show sip-ua register status   -----------

Line          peer           expires(sec)  registered   P-Associated-URI
============  =============  ============  ===========  ================
7865131533                        -1          29            yes

-----------  End CLI Output  -----------

----------  show sip-ua status   -----------

SIP User Agent Status
SIP User Agent for UDP : ENABLED
SIP User Agent for TCP : ENABLED

SIP User Agent for TLS over TCP : ENABLED
SIP User Agent bind status(signaling): DISABLED
SIP User Agent bind status(media): DISABLED
SIP early-media for 180 responses with SDP: ENABLED
SIP max-forwards : 70
SIP DNS SRV version: 2 (rfc 2782)
NAT Settings for the SIP-UA
Role in SDP: NONE
Check media source packets: DISABLED
Maximum duration for a telephone-event in NOTIFYs: 2000 ms
SIP support for ISDN SUSPEND/RESUME: ENABLED
Redirection (3xx) message handling: ENABLED
Reason Header will override Response/Request Codes: DISABLED
Out-of-dialog Refer: DISABLED
Presence support is DISABLED
protocol mode is ipv4

SDP application configuration:
Version line (v=) required
Owner line (o=) required
Timespec line (t=) required
Media supported: audio video image
Network types supported: IN
Address types supported: IP4 IP6
Transport types supported: RTP/AVP udptl

-----------  show sip-ua timers   -----------

SIP UA Timer Values (millisecs unless noted)
trying 500, expires 180000, connect 100, disconnect 500
prack 500, rel1xx 500, notify 500, update 500
refer 500, register 500, info 500, options 500, hold 2880 minutes
tcp/udp aging 5 minutes
tls aging 60 minutes

-----------  show sip-ua statistics   -----------

SIP Response Statistics (Inbound/Outbound)
    Informational:
      Trying 0/0, Ringing 0/0,
      Forwarded 0/0, Queued 0/0,
      SessionProgress 0/0
    Success:
      OkInvite 0/0, OkBye 0/0,
      OkCancel 0/0, OkOptions 0/0,
      OkPrack 0/0, OkRegister 110/0
      OkSubscribe 0/0, OkNotify 0/0, OkPublish 0/0
      OkInfo 0/0, OkUpdate 0/0,
      202Accepted 0/0, OkOptions 0/0
    Redirection (Inbound only except for MovedTemp(Inbound/Outbound)) :
      MultipleChoice 0, MovedPermanently 0,
      MovedTemporarily 0/0, UseProxy 0,
      AlternateService 0
    Client Error:
      BadRequest 0/0, Unauthorized 3/0,
      PaymentRequired 0/0, Forbidden 0/0,
      NotFound 0/0, MethodNotAllowed 0/0,
      NotAcceptable 0/0, ProxyAuthReqd 0/0,
      ReqTimeout 0/0, Conflict 0/0, Gone 0/0,
      ConditionalRequestFailed 0/0,
      ReqEntityTooLarge 0/0, ReqURITooLarge 0/0,
      UnsupportedMediaType 0/0, UnsupportedURIScheme 0/0,
      BadExtension 0/0, IntervalTooBrief 0/0,
      TempNotAvailable 0/0, CallLegNonExistent 0/0,
      LoopDetected 0/0, TooManyHops 0/0,
      AddrIncomplete 0/0, Ambiguous 0/0,
      BusyHere 0/0, RequestCancel 0/0,
      NotAcceptableMedia 0/0, BadEvent 0/0,
      SETooSmall 0/0, , RequestPending 0/0
      UnsupportedResourcePriority 0/0
    Server Error:
      InternalError 0/0, NotImplemented 0/0,
      BadGateway 0/0, ServiceUnavail 0/0,
      GatewayTimeout 0/0, BadSipVer 0/0,
      PreCondFailure 0/0
    Global Failure:
      BusyEverywhere 0/0, Decline 0/0,
      NotExistAnywhere 0/0, NotAcceptable 0/0
    Miscellaneous counters:
      RedirectRspMappedToClientErr 0

SIP Total Traffic Statistics (Inbound/Outbound)
    Invite 0/0, Ack 0/0, Bye 0/0,
    Cancel 0/0, Options 0/0,
    Prack 0/0, Update 0/0,
    Subscribe 0/0, Notify 0/0, Publish 0/0
    Refer 0/0, Info 0/0,
    Register 0/113

Retry Statistics
    Invite 0, Bye 0, Cancel 0, Response 0,
    Prack 0, Reliable1xx 0, Notify 0, Info 0
    Register 0 Subscribe 0 Update 0 Options 0
    Publish 0

SDP application statistics:
Parses: 0,  Builds 0
Invalid token order: 0,  Invalid param: 0
Not SDP desc: 0,  No resource: 0

Last time SIP Statistics were cleared:

Have  you at the very least engaged broadvoice with the issues you are having  and also made them aware that you are attempting to connect with them  using a CME based system?

Yes, the response is that they can't do anything once there is no requests on their servers.

Have  you requested help from Cisco SMB support yet? Or is the system not  under any support contract and the forums are your only support option  at this stage??

I don't have a SMB support contract and I am following the instructions on the CCA to request in this forum the proper CCA template for this service provider " The Generic SIP Trunk Provider template is not compatible with all internet telephony service providers. To request a CCA template for a new SIP trunk provider, click here (this forum)" This is what I am expecting to receive a template for the Broadvoice SIP Trunk Service as requested not only by me but other users also.

Can  you provide us with your running configuration with the broadvoice  trunk configured using the latest CCA so as to see how it has been  configured versus how BV expect you to talk to their SBC's?

NOTE: if you provide us with a running configuration please make sure you remove all sensitive data from it before posting it.

This is the confirguration that I have from Broadvoice:

Service Provider: Generic SIP Trunk Provider

Proxy Server (primary): proxy.nyc.broadvoice.com

Proxy Server (secondary): proxy.dca.broadvoice.com

Registrar Server: sip.broadvoice.com

Outbound Proxy Server: proxy.nyc.broadvoice.com

Maximum Number of Calls: 3

Username: Phone number

Password: Password

SIP Domain Name: sip.broadvoice.com

DNS Server Address: 75.75.75.75 (Comcast)

User Credentials:

Username: [Phone Number]

Password: [Password]

I  can tell you that the UC 500 can talk to broadvoice that is not a  concern at this stage, my concern is the configuration that is being  applied to the system which may not work with BV's Systems, I have  successfully setup 1 connection to BV about 14 months ago and I am  fairly certain not much has changed with their network, so I am fairly  certain it can be done.

Lets  see the answers you provide and from there we can progress to a more  lower level stuff, it's best we get all the information right at this  level first so I know what we are dealing with, I can help you set this  up VIA CCA but this is not the appropriate way now to do it and we  should get this right using CCA, if not then the option to use SBS  support to make the required CLI may need to be realized and acted upon,  we should not make CLI changes at this stage that may put your box  outside of a supported configuration unless all else fails.

The people from Broadvoice is very friendly, please take some time and give them a ring. Their ph is 1-212-202-0300., I'm sure that you'll be able to solve this problem in no time.

I appreciate your help, thks!

Marcos.

Hi Marcos,

I can see that the SIP trunk is registering, so this is not the issue then

However what I really need now is remote access to your system, you can do this via "teamviewer" which will give me remote desktop to a system connected to the UC, or SSH access with a temp access set to priv 15.

If the request is not arriving at their end then we need to see why and there is a good chance it is stemming from your end, possibly an ACL causing it or a miss-configuration somewhere.

You let me know which one suits, also please keep in mind that I am in Australia so you need to be mindfull of the time zone differences.

Cheers,

David.

David,

I am facing this exact same issue with Broadvoice.  I have a Sip trunk that is showing registered however its not wanting to play nice in making or recieving calls.

With no solution on this post, would you be interested in having a look at my UC to see if we can find resolution?

Thanks!

Blake