Views
Helpful
Replies

Addon Phone liceses for BE6K

Nirmal Joshi
Level 4
Level 4

Hi,

Is there a top level SKU for adding phone licenses to a existing Business Edition setup?

I beleive the SKU for standard CUCM should also work for BE 6K as well.

L-CUCM-USR-LIC-ADDTop Level Sku For Adding User   License
CM-RTUUnified CM RTU claim certificate
CUCM-PAKInclude PAK Auto-expanding PAK   for CUCM
CUCM-USRInclude PAK Auto-expanding User   for CUCM
LIC-CUCM-ESS-AUC Manager Essential - Less than   1K Users
LIC-CUCM-USR-AUnified Communications Manager   Enhanced Single User-Under 1K

Please suggest.

Thanks,

Nirmal

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Hi Nirmal,

Ok - for 8.6, then please use R-UNIFIED-CMBE6K as the top level part code.

Please refer to the BE6000 Ordering Guide - Section 4.3 (Page 19):

http://www.cisco.com/web/partners/downloads/partner/WWChannels/technology/ipc/downloads/be6000_5000_ordering_guide.pdf

Use the Add-on users section of that part code.

Regards,

Andy

View solution in original post

Hi Nirmal,

BE works the sames as UCM with DLUs in the backend to enable licensing. 

For R-UNIFIED vs. L-CM-DL SKUs,

- if the customer has 7.1 and earlier release, then they should be purchasing DLUs.

- if the customer has 7.1.5 and newer release, then they should be purchasing UCLs (R-UNIFIED) to keep the licensing model consistent for services and support.

Thanks

Blake

View solution in original post

11 Replies 11

Andrew Hickman
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

For version 9, you can use R-CBE6K-K9 to order additional user licenses.

Regards

Andy

Hi Andy,

Thanks for looking into this.

Can I not use L-CUCM-USR-LIC-ADD part code? I beleive evry license we order would ultimately get converted to DLUs at the backend so Is it really necessary to slect part code for BE6K.

Whats the difference?

Need clarification.

Regards

Nirmal

Hi Nirmal,

Ok - for 8.6, then please use R-UNIFIED-CMBE6K as the top level part code.

Please refer to the BE6000 Ordering Guide - Section 4.3 (Page 19):

http://www.cisco.com/web/partners/downloads/partner/WWChannels/technology/ipc/downloads/be6000_5000_ordering_guide.pdf

Use the Add-on users section of that part code.

Regards,

Andy

Andy,

I just came to know that the client is running Business Edition software on MCS 7828 server, so it has to be BE5K.

In that case as per the ordering guide I should be using "R-UNIFIED-CMBE5K" part code for ordering add-on licenses but I beleive this is already EOS.

Can I still use BE5K part code here or I will have to migrate the customer to BE6K platform and upgrade all the licenses as well?

What options do I have here?

Regards

Nirmal

Hi Nirmal,

Add-on licenses for the BE5K are still orderable.  Please use R-UNIFIED-CMBE5K to order addition licenses for add on users.  Please note the UNIFIED-CMBE5K with the starter bundles are already EOS and can't be ordered.

Thanks

Blake

Hi Blake,

Thanks a lot for confirmation.

Please let me know if we can use L-CM-DL-100= to add licenses to BE5K server for ip phones?

End client is asking for "L-CM-DL-100=" instead of "R-UNIFIED-CMBE5K".

Will there be any issue if we get this part code?

Thanks,

Nirmal

My customer has MCS 7828 H3 server with CUCM version 7.1.2.

Please suggest.

Thanks

Nirmal

Hi Nirmal,

If the customer is 7.1 or older, the DLU add-on SKUs are valid for ordering additional licensing.

Thanks

Blake

Blake,

So you are saying both "R-UNIFIED-CMBE5K" and "L-CM-DL-100=" part codes are valid if we have to order addon licenses for Business Edition server running call manager version 7.1.2 ?

I am confirming this beacuse my local Cisco SE told me that "L-CM-DL-100=" part code will not work and aksed us to go with other one.

Can you also clarify how the licenses work in the backend for BE servers, I beleive it should be same as call manager where you associate license mac with the file and the uploaded license gets converted into DLUs for phones to use?

I am really confused here, please help.

Thanks,

Nirmal

Hi Nirmal,

BE works the sames as UCM with DLUs in the backend to enable licensing. 

For R-UNIFIED vs. L-CM-DL SKUs,

- if the customer has 7.1 and earlier release, then they should be purchasing DLUs.

- if the customer has 7.1.5 and newer release, then they should be purchasing UCLs (R-UNIFIED) to keep the licensing model consistent for services and support.

Thanks

Blake

Blake, 

Thanks for the clarification.

Regards,

Nirmal