Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Adjust MOH volume

Is there a way to adjust the volume for the MOH on the UC320? I see there is a volume slider for paging, but can't find one for MOH. I am getting complaints from a client that the music is too loud.

Thanks,

Greg

3 Replies 3

rbordner
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Greg,

Are the calls that get connected to the MOH via fxo ports or over a SIP Trunk?

If FXO are all lines the same volume?  Does an Ext to Ext call placed on hold have the same loud volume?

There are FXO gain adjustment options but please use care before making any changes.

Configuration -> Ports and Trunks -> Adjust FXO gain.

If needed a diagnostic TCPdump capturing the MOH audio rtp stream would can be reviewed to check the db levels.

Thanks,

Randy

Any chance for a "playback volume level" for the internal MOH? 

Many systems have at minimum a dropdown with "quiet" "quieter" "louder" ... etc.   I've found uploading a standard mp3 is just too loud for most 'background' hold music and have to modify using an audio editor... why?  That should be a setting on the MOH page!

Chet Prokop, PE, PhD
Cisco Select Partner
IT and Telecom Services - SMB
Houston, TX

Chet Prokop, PE, PhD
Cisco Select Partner
SMB - IT and Telecom Services
Houston, TX

Side note... If you use mp3's for the source, I guess you can run a gain reduction utility on the MOH file to drop the playback volume 'before' uploading it to the UC320.  A free util from sourceforge is MP3GAIN ... I found reducing a normally recorded track by 18 or 20 db makes the MOH playback more acceptable to users.

http://mp3gain.sourceforge.net/

I'd rather see a "slider" or at least a dropdown of choices like "normal" "quieter" "quietest"... etc.for the internal MOH playback volume.

Chet Prokop, PE, PhD
Cisco Select Partner
IT and Telecom Services - SMB
Houston, TX

Chet Prokop, PE, PhD
Cisco Select Partner
SMB - IT and Telecom Services
Houston, TX