cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Admin password on Cisco CP-8851

PedroSaura
Level 1
Level 1

Hi, I´m trying to configure a Cisco CP-8851, it´s supposed to be resset to factory settings, I´ve performed the resset holding # key and presing the secuence 123456789*0# and it seems to be with the factory default settings, but when I try to configure the phone in the web interface, and I click on Admin Login I.m asked for a password and I can´t acces the menu.

I´ve tried the passwords:

-admin

-Admin

-Password

-password

-Cisco

-cisco

- leaving the password field in blank.

The firmware version is sip88xx.11-1-1MSR1-1.loads

Thaks.

5 Replies 5

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

@PedroSaura wrote:

but when I try to configure the phone in the web interface

This means the phone is loaded with 3PCC firmware.   

Cisco IP Phone 8800 Series Multiplatform Phones User Guide

Is DHCP Option 150 enabled?

Geovani
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi there, 

If you're running MPP firmware, after a factory reset you should be able to login without credentials. 

Can you please do a factory reset again and try accessing via: http://IP_ADDRESS/admin/advanced

Let me know how it goes. 

Sergio Quezada
Level 1
Level 1

Hello Pedro,

Not sure if you fixed this issue. If not, here is some information for you regarding your issue with your 8851,

Some Passwords to try:

cisco123

**#

**#**

Sergio Quezada
Level 1
Level 1

I also did find this for creating the credentials in CUCM

Configure the Administration Page for Phone:

Level 1
Level 1

Hi, I´m trying to configure a Cisco CP-8851, it´s supposed to be resset to factory settings, I´ve performed the resset holding # key and presing the secuence 123456789*0# and it seems to be with the factory default settings, but when I try to configure the phone in the web interface, and I click on Admin Login I.m asked for a password and I can´t acces the menu.      

he firmware version is sip88xx.14-0-1-0201-171

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: