Views
Helpful
Replies

ADSL 2+ Router to Work As Bridge with UC320W

syed_quadri
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Guys,

I am installing UC320W for my end customer tomorrow. They currently have ADSL2+ service for there data; my plan is to use UC320W as PPoE. I need some help in deciding which cisco router I should buy to replace there existing ASDL router? As I want to use the Cisco router in bridging mode.

Cheers

Syed

2 Replies 2

sossie
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Syed,

I tried for days to get a Cisco 887 and an SR520 router to work in bridge mode without success, I have quite a bit of experience with these routers and was pretty sure it looked like it should go, but it just didn't. In the end I found with the SIP provider we use that I could simply run the UC320 behind the Cisco dsl router which was running NAT masking. There is no need to create inbound NATs to the UC320. In this configuration the UC320 makes a premanent outbound connection to the SIP provider (Its not SIP trunking as I understand it)

To make this work there are a few things to look out for:

Enable nat keep alives on the SIP config in the UC320

Enable SIP inspection on the router.

Cheers, Simon.

syed_quadri
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Simon

Thanks for your reply.

I used Cisco WAG120N as my bridge and connected to the WAN port of my UC320W. Works fine with no issues.

Cheers

Syed

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: