Views
Helpful
Replies

Aiming to replace UC560 with BE6000S

FAST-DETECT
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

several years ago I deployed a UC560 (with a total 4 BRI ports where 3 are used) setup in our company. It's a small scale setup with about:

30 VOIP endpoints (796x)

3 FAX-machines (on FXS-Ports)

1 FAX-machine attached to an internal (ISDN BRI)

We have 2 ISDN trunk lines connected to BRI ports, one remaining BRI is unused. 

If we decide to go along with the BE6000S I have some questions that I was not able find in datasheets:

- I can use the old 7960 and 7962 phone right?

- Does the BE6000S device come with FXS ports? Are there VIC-Cards to add FXS ports?

- The configuration of call handling Incoming/Outgoing routing, DIDs etc. is this done by a software like CCA for UC560 or is only IOS console commands only?

Another important thing I implemented on CME was a click-to-dial function from within our intranet system. I used the cisco JAVA CSTA SDK to remote-dial the phones. How can sth like this achieved with CUCM? I need an interface to CUCM where our webserver can issue a comand dial numbers for specific phones. 

I don't need to migrate settings or anything. Our deployment is very straight forward and the configuration is very simple. Mailboxes can be erased and will be recreated.

Any other thoughts?

thanks + bye,

Fabian.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Andrew Hickman
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Fabian,

In answer to your questions.

Yes you will be able to reuse your 7900 series handsets

No the BE6000S does not come with FXS ports, but there are free slots to an FXS card if you wish (you could also consider using a standalone adapter (ATA190)

We'd recommend you use a simple gateway configuration for routing calls (the BE6000S includes a default configuration).  Use the application web interfaces to configure your internal call routing requirements.

UCM API may be used for click to call and third party call control.  To provide users with phone control from their desktop, use Jabber clients.

There are some addition documents describing migration from the CME/UC500 to BE6000/UCM on both the BE6000 website (www.cisco.com/go/be6000) and Drive to Collaboration website (www.cisco.com/go/drivetocollab)

Andy

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Andrew Hickman
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Fabian,

In answer to your questions.

Yes you will be able to reuse your 7900 series handsets

No the BE6000S does not come with FXS ports, but there are free slots to an FXS card if you wish (you could also consider using a standalone adapter (ATA190)

We'd recommend you use a simple gateway configuration for routing calls (the BE6000S includes a default configuration).  Use the application web interfaces to configure your internal call routing requirements.

UCM API may be used for click to call and third party call control.  To provide users with phone control from their desktop, use Jabber clients.

There are some addition documents describing migration from the CME/UC500 to BE6000/UCM on both the BE6000 website (www.cisco.com/go/be6000) and Drive to Collaboration website (www.cisco.com/go/drivetocollab)

Andy

Hi Andrew,

thanks for your swift response.

Before going through with the upgrade I want to test our CTI-Integration with the UCM Api. As I understand cisco is issuing 60day-demo-licenses for CUCM which can be installed in a vmware environment. 

I tried to register a 10.5 license, but I was asked for a code from the Prime Licensing Manager (PLM). Which seems to be the successor of the ELM. 

After obtaining the license I still need the software iso, which I have no entitlement to download. What is the recommended process (if it exists) to get a demo setup of CUCM for evaluation up and running? How do I get the software?

regards,

Fabian

Hi Fabian,

Let me look in to the software question for you.  Just FYI (and for anyone else reading this thread), after installation, UCM provides a 60 day license grace period, so you don't necessarily need the demo license in that case.

Andy