Views
Helpful
Replies

Aironet 1131G on UC540

Stefan Wahl
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all,

does anybody have any experience with a separate ap on an UC540?

I´m quite new to this topic, so perhaps it´s an easy questions for you.

Basic network configuration is fine.

But I have no idea how to configure the ap to get the moh from the UC540 working.

What do I have to look at?

Stefan

9 Replies 9

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

You don't have to do anything special.

If possible, place the wireless phones in the same vlans as the wired ones.

Hi Paolo,

the devices are in the same VLAN. But it doesn´t work.

Any further ideas?

Thanks

Stefan

Hi Stefan,

My memory is not always the best, but I can distinctly remember a case where I had to change the MOH to Unicast to get it to work on Wireless, but this was an external AP not the one inbuilt in the UC.

Its just a thought, if anything else pops up as I troll through my case notes history I will pop back into this thread

Cheers,

David.

Cheers, David Trad. **When you rate a persons post, you are indicating a thank you or that it helped, but at the same time you are also helping to maintain the community spirit - You don't have to rate posts and you wont be looked down upon :) *

Hi David,

the MOH works fine on the internal AP. I connected the 1131 to an ethernet port. While the phone is connected to the external AP the MOH doesn´t work.

I have another Problem, which also seems to handle with multicast. I have some devices which connect through UPnP, which is also not working on the external AP.

So my question would now be...how do I configure multicast correctly?

Bye Stefan

MoH ins normally disabled for internal phones, as they have no need for it.

Hi Paolo,

the MOH works fine on the internal AP. I connected the 1131 to an  ethernet port. While the phone is connected to the external AP the MOH  doesn´t work.

See my post to David. Perhaps you have an idea regarding multicast configuration.

Bye Stefan

David Trad
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi Stefan,

What subnet is the AP residing in? Is it the data VLAN or the Voice VLAN??

Cheers,

David.

Cheers, David Trad. **When you rate a persons post, you are indicating a thank you or that it helped, but at the same time you are also helping to maintain the community spirit - You don't have to rate posts and you wont be looked down upon :) *

Hi David,

the Port is configured as a Accesspoint Smartport, with native vlan data.

I also tried to use voice vlan as native vlan, but I got the following error message:

"Vlan voice can not be associated with a SSID on wireless controller(s), if connected to the port(s)."

I even tried to set the configuration via cli to trunk mode, but it didn´t help either.

Do you have another idea (eg. multicast configuration)?

Thanks.

Stefan

Hi Stefan,

Nope you got me stumped on this one, you have the right SmartPort role in

place so that's correct, and everything else looks to be right as well.

I think it is time you log a case with SBSC please, they may need to spend

some time diagnosing this with you.

Sorry I couldn't resolve this issue for you

Cheers,

David Trad

"Sent from my Acer Iconia A500"

On Jun 2, 2012 8:09 AM, "stefan.wahl@altana.com" <