Views
Helpful
Replies

Alternative Voicemail Message

Ben Cruice
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I have setup a a UC540 with the Night Service ability, in a multi-tenant environment. Two hunt groups (3 lines each) go to two different shared lines.

We have setup the night service to go to their respective voicemail mailboxes after hours.

Is it possible to have a alternate voicemail message during business hours, but go to the same mailbox?

• During business hours, receptionist wants to be able to send the calls direct to voicemail when she’s out of office.  Each business should go to a separate voicemail but it needs to be a DIFFERENT voicemail than the after hours VM.  Eg; “Thank you for calling Company A, we’re currently out of the office, so please leave a message”.   The other staff don’t want to answer calls if she’s not there.
  • Out of business hours, calls go straight to a voicemail, “Thanks for calling Company A.  We’re closed for the day, please leave a message” or similar.

Or would this better be handled by an AA. But we don't want them prompted twice.

3 Replies 3

abillington
Level 1
Level 1

to clarify, do you mean you want two different voicemail greetings for same voicemail box?

andy

danplacek
Level 4
Level 4

You can do two different mailboxes via the Night Service feature. (This would give a single button-press or code entry to switch "modes")

It is not possible to have two separate voicemail messages that switch "automatically".

Though she could log into the mailbox and switch greetings every time.

There is also a web interface for mailboxes that can be used to switch greetings.

Ben Cruice
Level 1
Level 1

To clarify what they would like, please see below. They have 6x FXO lines split into 2 Hunt groups at the Telco.

• During business hours
    • Company A. Play prompt, “Thank you for calling Company A, we’re currently out of the office, so please leave a message”.  
    • Company B. Play prompt, “Thank you for calling Company B, we’re currently out of the office, so please leave a message”.  
  • Out of business hours
    • Company A. Play prompt, “Thanks for calling Company A.  We’re closed for the day, please leave a message” or similar.
    • Company B. Play prompt, “Thanks for calling Company B.  We’re closed for the day, please leave a message” or similar.

I understand that you can't have two different messages for the same mailbox, and having four is too convoluted.

What I will try is to send the call to two AA's (Company A and B) with the 'aa_sbcs_v03.aef' script and then have four custom prompts and set the 'No option Transfer to:' to go to either mailbox.

This way they can also turn it on manually with the Night Service switch.

The only downside to that is that it will still play the mailbox prompt that has been set for that extension, but I'm sure I can just delete it.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: