cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Analog Paging via FXS on ISR 2901 with BE3000

justrami
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

We need group paging to a single zone for immediate deployment.  One way to do this is to use any phone to dial an extension which connects to a paging system through the FXS port on the ISR 2901. Any advice?

*Partner Request on 8.6.3*

3 Replies 3

justrami
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

I understand that you currently have a 2901 with FXS module that you are trying to integrate with BE3K and Bogen paging system. I have reviewed your Bogen BOM  and would like to propose 2 options here.  Please let me know which option you like to proceed with:

1)      You can utilize a SPA8800 for the FXS interface to the paging system. We have another customer deployment where the partner (at that site) integrated the Bogen with SPA8800 fairly easily. This is the most common way to achieve this.

2)      If you wish to retain the 2901, you will need a SIP trunk to the 2901 from BE3K and also dial peers configured on the 2901 to point back to BE3K and to the FXS port.

Below is a screen capture from BE3K (put in address of ISR in the provider address field). Page 257 of the admin guide has more details on the connection parameters:
http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucmbe3k/8_6_3/system/BE3K_BK_C30C50F6_00_cucm-be3000-admin-guide.pdf

is there a certiifed list os supported Paging systems that can be integrated with BE3K via FSX on SPA8800 ?

or any paging system with a FXS port will do ? one of my customer is looking for a specific feature wherein he wants that the chairman should be able to deliver the paging msg to all employees through his desk IP phone delivered thru the paging system

Valcom is the overhead paging system that has been deployed at couple of customer sites with analog FXS port integration with SPA 8800.

Sanjay