Views
Helpful
Replies

Analogue disconnect - Long voicemail messages

ADAM CRISP
Level 4
Level 4

Hello.

We're aware of a problem on a UC320 with 4x Analogue circuits, no SIP.

If an inbound call makes it to voicemail, then the unit doesn't detect the line disconnect which results in lots of 10 minute voicemail messages.

I think I remember somebody else asking about this before, but can't find the thread.

The unit is in the UK with BT Analogue circuits.

Is there a fix for this ?

cheers

Adam

3 Replies 3

juliomar
Level 3
Level 3

Hi Adam,

Per www.sinet.bt.com, for a UK normal domestic circuit, as specified in SIN351, section 7.2 states that CPC (end of call signal) should be between 90 and 130ms.  On the UC320W we have set the minimum detection period to be lower than 90ms, when the UC320W is configured for UK region.

If they have multi-line interface, then SIN352 applies.  Part c of section 8.2 suggests that clearing signal can be adjusted to suit customer requirements.

I thus advice that you find out more about the circuit presentation and line configuration from BT, and if possible to ask BT to increase the clearing signal time (CPC).  Here is a link of folks that had similar issues and had to ask BT to increase the clearing signal also known as CPC or Disconnect Clear Time.

http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t542210-how-to-get-bt-to-change-disconnect-clear-time.html

Hope this helps,

Julio

gstoscano
Level 1
Level 1

Adam,

You could solve this problem? I am currently in the samecituacion.

Any idea how to fix this?

Thank you very much for your help.

Gonzalo

Hi Gonzalo,

Have you tried to run the FXO Impedance matching tool form the UC320W?  Impedance matching will help make CPC disconnect tone detection more accurate.

If you still see 10 minute voicemails or calls fialing to disconnect, please inquire with your PSTN service provider the circuit presentation and line configuration, and if possible to ask then to increase the clearing signal time (CPC), also known as Disconnect Clear Time.

Best regards,

Julio