cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Announcing 2.2.1 Release Candidate

UPDATE:

The 2.2.2 General Availability release has been made available: 

https://supportforums.cisco.com/thread/2138661

Thank you to all who have taken the time to provide feedback on the 2.2.1 Release Candidate

======

WHAT:

Today  we are announcing the release of the Cisco UC320W 2.2.1 Release Candidate   firmware feature release. Release Candidate quality means that is has gone through Cisco’s internal testing, but there might be a few new issues that  surface in real world deployments.  Partners are encouraged to test the firmware in their labs before deploying on their customers systems.  Features and bug fixes are described in the  2.2.1 release notes attached below.

NOTE: The open source tar file will not be available upon request because this is an RC release.  Proceed with the installation of this firmware only if you agree with these terms and conditions.

WHEN:

The 2.2.1 firmware version is available via the Cloud now by using the attached Platform Modification File (PMF).   This firmware will not be posted on CCO.  A General Availability release will be made available at a later date.

HOW:

Installation:
  1. Perform a system backup of the UC320W before loading the PMF file.
  2. Download the PMF and save to your PC.
  3. Unzip the PMF file.
  4. Launch and log into the UC320W Configuration Utility.
  5. Click on the Status option at the top.
  6. Click on Devices submenu.
  7. Click on Alter PMFs button.
  8. Click Add PMF from your PC button, select the unzipped file and install.
  9. Click Done to close the dialog.

NOTE:  If  you are on a release version lower than 2.1.2, please see this  discussion for more information and a workaround for the Adobe Flash  Player version 11 compatibility issue:

https://supportforums.cisco.com/thread/2112911

Please see the attached release notes below for upgrade instructions.

Any problems found on the Release Candidate firmware should be reported  immediately to the Cisco Small Business Customer Support Center.  When calling the SBCS please indicate that you  are a Release Candidate participant and specify the firmware version  found on the UC320W Configuration Utility login or About screen as well as your Region.

10 Replies 10

markfurlong
Level 1
Level 1

Installed the RC on Saturday in my lab and have been doing some testing.  Did not see any adverse changes to the config that I have installed.

Was most interested in the call restriction feature as I have an upcoming install that will require this feature.  Configured this on two extensions one with call authorization code and one without.  Both work as expected.  This is an important feature enhancement and very glad to have this coming soon (I don't plan to deploy the RC to a customer site).

One request for improving this feature would be to allow finer control in the local calling restriction.  Currently this will allow any calls within the area code, many of these calls are not local.  The ability to edit this restriction class to include certain exchanges and exclude all other exchanges would be great.

The ability to apply config changes without a system reboot is also welcome; config changes are also faster, in part due to not needing a reboot each time.

Any idea on timeline for full release of this firmware?

Dear Mark;

Thanks for your detailed feedback. Glad to hear it is meeting your expectations. We are waiting for collecting additional feedback before releasing. We expect to release it within the next 2 weeks.

Regards;
Alberto

One further bit of feedback, in the release notes under Known Issues - other, it states that "The star codes for parking and unparking calls (*38 and *39) do not work on FXS phones. (CSCth88200)".

I had tested this before the firmware upgrade as this is a feature that is desired by one of my clients.  I can report that this indeed does work with the RC and an FXS phone (cordless handset).

microbyte
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

We installed the RC yesterday. Generally no problems. One minor annoyance - we have a button programmed on our phone for Night Service. Whenever that button is pressed (either to set or unset night service), the display shows "SystemNightRingingModeN" on the line adjacent to the top button (504/508). The message stays until the phone rings or you lift the handset and then it returns to normal. The message only appears on the handset that initiated Night Service.

Like I said, no biggie, but unexpected.

Regards,

Gary

Hi Gary;

Glad you had an initial positive experience with the RC. We will recreate the issue and log in a defect if the case.

Regards
Alberto

Thanks Alberto. Let me know if you need anything from us.

Regards,

Gary

Hi Gary;

Got information this is a known defect, CSCtw87798 and have retagged it as Customer Found, so we can prioritize its resolution.

Regards
Alberto

m.szalankiewicz
Level 1
Level 1

Hello Chris,

Is it possible to create same Region Pack editor in future software realise? or just allow admin to edit existing one region pack ? I cannot find any suitable setting for Poland

rob
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Chris - generally a positive experience with the RC that I've had installed for the last couple of days.

The only error I've found is as follows:

System: I have 3 Shared Extensions configured and saved, Two SPA525G phones with a night button configured as the last button on one of the phones (day/night manual setting).

Bug:

When you delete a shared extension, it creates an error with the phone buttons config (expected) - you get two night buttons and have to set one to "unused" to clear the error in the GUI.

At this point at the Apply Configurations screen, any click of the "Apply All Changes" button fails to bring up the normal warning/are you sure dialog. Instead, a small yellow dot appears at the top left corner of the screen and nothing happens.

I've not been able to find any way to delete a shared extension short of creating a new configuration from scratch and re-applying with one less shared extension than before (which is a work around, but not fun! )

I'll raise this with the CSBCSC too - but wanted to give you direct feedback as this is the only real bug I've seen.

Cheers,

Rob.

In response to myself above - this issue seems to be fixed by the 2.2.2 (1) general release.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: