Today we are announcing the release of the Cisco UC320W 2.1.4(3) Limited Deployment Firmware release. This fix release is available only via the Cloud by installing the attached Platform Modification File (PMF). This is the 2.1.4(3) firmware with several key fixes/improvements added:
Please see the 2.1.4 Release Notes for additional details.
NOTE: The open source tar file will not be available upon request because this is an LD release. Proceed with the installation of this firmware only if you agree with these terms and conditions.
The 2.1.4 Limited Deployment release is available today via the Cloud using the attached Platform Modification File (PMF).
Log into the UC320W Configuration Utility on a system that has the WAN connected.
1. Perform a system backup of the UC320W before loading the PMF file.
2. Download the PMF and save to your PC.
3. Unzip the PMF file.
4. Launch and log into the UC320W Configuration Utility.
5. Click on the Status option at the top.
6. Click on Devices submenu.
7. Click on Alter PMFs button.
8. Click Add PMF from your PC button, select the unzipped file and install.
9. Click Done to close the dialog.
If your WAN is connected you should see a pop up dialog appear shortly, offering you the 2.1.4(3) firmware upgrade.
1. Click Install.
2. After the unit has upgraded, you must now Apply the configuration for all fixes to be applied.
Detailed upgrade instructions can be found in the release notes.
Release notes for the Cisco UC320W 2.1.4(3) firmware release can be found HERE.
I'm in France, after the upgrade the UC ask to "Apply the configuration" even if you haven't made any change. If you don't apply the configuration, the fixes don't work for the dial plan.
Tested with 2 uc320, same behavior each time.
Hope that's help.
The 'Apply the configuration' is required as part of any upgrade. This ensures that the configuration files are updated while making use of any bug fixes associated with building of the configuration files.
After you have done the Apply, are you still seeing problems? If so, can you please describe the problem you are seeing?
Thanks for the explanations, i didn't know that the "apply configuration" was required after an upgrade.
After applying configuration, the fixes are functionnal. I can call 0825... and 07... numbers.
Today, it remains two problems with the uc320:
* the leading 0 on the incoming calls missed, we can't redial directly if we use sip trunk: https://supportforums.cisco.com/message/3502982#3502982