cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Anyone got any tips and tricks for UC320W installs

hamish.jones
Level 1
Level 1

just about to start installing these systems for clients, I have set up one at the office and had a good mess with it testing,

Just wondering if anyone can outline and issues I am likely to face when setting up onsite for a client or any common problems that I may run into with the system?

Thought best ask the experts than run into issues.

thanks

Hamish            

2 Replies 2

Hi Hamish,

Excellent question.   Common problems and solutions can be found in the UC320W troubleshooting guide.  As you learn new tips and tricks feel free to update the guide to benefit the user community.

If this is an FXO install, one of the most important steps is after you have done the first full configuration "APPLY", is to go back and run the FXO Impedance Matching tool found on the FXO page.  (The button doesn't appear until you have reached the end of the "Day 0" configuration and Apply).  Run the tool for each and every FXO port. 

Next, make some test calls over each FXO and if the volume sounds low on SPA phones with calls to the PSTN, it is important that you make adjustments with the FXO gain tool and not using the Phones volume controls.

These two steps will save you complaints on audio problems like echo and low volume.

Good Luck!   The Cisco Small Business Support Center and support forums are hear to support you....

Chris

Hello Christopher,

I am new to the UC320.  I have installed the unit with SPA501 sets.  When I try to call from ext to ext the person at the other end cannot hear me and sometimes I can not hear them either.  The set rings each time I call it but we still have that issue.

Aslo How do I place a CO line on a set but not have it ring on incoming calls.