cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

AP power question

stacy.thompson
Level 3
Level 3

I think we posted this discussion in the wrong area, so I am posting this again.

We have a customer who needs several of the standalone wireless AP's for three facilities.  Which power adapters do I need to make them work, absent a POE switch?  I'm assuming the part number options below all apply - just need to know which ones can be used off the existing switch and which ones need power within proximity of the AP location?

AIR-PWRINJ3=
AIR-PWR-A=
AIR-PWRINJ-FIB=
AIR-CONCAB1200=

Thanks,

Stacy

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

AIR-CONCAB1200= is a serial console cable... do you have another number you were looking at?

The FIB models are fiber to copper, I doubt you need that.

Go for...

AIR-PWRINJ3

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

David Hornstein
Level 7
Level 7

Can you please mention the Model number of the AP you are looking at, is it the AP521 ?

Yes it's a AIR-AP521G-A-K9

We're just wondering what part number do we need to power the AP - keeping in mind there is no POE switch.

Thank you,

Stacy

AIR-CONCAB1200= is a serial console cable... do you have another number you were looking at?

The FIB models are fiber to copper, I doubt you need that.

Go for...

AIR-PWRINJ3

Just the 4 we listed from the SBCS pricing tool...  which you've mentioned 3.

So we'll do the one you recommend AIR-PWRINJ3

Thanks!

Stacy

Steven Smith
Level 7
Level 7

Are these for AP 521's?

If yes, this needs to be a an 802.3af power source.  Not all power injectors are 802.3af compliant.

Not exactly what you need, but this page list several of them down lower in the page.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/wireless/technology/controller/deployment/guide/dep.html

Hopefully this will give you the right idea.