cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

appId support in XML-applications?

gustavolsson
Level 1
Level 1

Is the Application Event Handles part of the Cisco XML App Developer Guide applicable to the SPA500-series? I'm specifically looking into closing an

app by pressing a specific softkey (<SoftKeyItem><Name>Exit</Name><URL>App:Close:1:2:app/id</URL><Position>4</Position></SoftKeyItem>, this within a CiscoIPPhoneMenu object. But when pressing the button it gets black and phone locks up. I want the phone to exit to the "normal" screen when pressing this button and closing the application, if app events are not supported, is there any other way to accomplish this?

Thanks in advance!

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Alberto Montilla
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Dear Sir;

Please try this one:

<SoftKeyItem>
  <Name>ExitName>
  <URL>Key:ServicesURL>
<Position>1Position>
SoftKeyItem>

This should bring you to the services menu. Let me know if it works.

Regards
Alberto

View solution in original post

7 Replies 7

Alberto Montilla
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Dear Sir;

Please try this one:

<SoftKeyItem>
  <Name>ExitName>
  <URL>Key:ServicesURL>
<Position>1Position>
SoftKeyItem>

This should bring you to the services menu. Let me know if it works.

Regards
Alberto

Thanks Alberto, that works!

Forgot to ask... Your answer implies that appId's are not supported, will this be implemented in the future?

I've tried this on the SPA525G/G2 but it doesn't work (works on 50x thou) phone doesn't hang but nothing happens. Any advice as to what URL to try on the 525G/G2?

Hi Gustav;

It should work, can you please let me know the FW version used on G2 and the exact syntax used?

Regards
Alberto

Hi Alberto and sorry for my late reply. I use a SPA525G2 with firmware 7.4.6.

I have been trying around with this and bumped into another issue while testing. When i test this in my development environment I use tcp port 8089 as the server port for the xml applications on my computer. Hence, the URL I provide to the phone contains a port (ie. http://192.168.1.96:8089/xml/profile/set?pid=XXX) this does not seem to work. The exact same XML works fine when I don't specify a port in the URL. So something there is definitely fishy.

Another thing I've noticed, in CDP, you label the WAN port "eth0" in the SPA525 while it's called "Port 1" in the other SPA-series phones. Not exactly a big issue but stringency is usually nice :-)

With regards to the button, for some reason I use "Key:Service", (ie. _not_ Key:Services, note the lacking "s") in the XML application, and that works fine on the SPA50x-phones. I can't remember why, and I (because of the issue above) can't try this on a 525 in my test-setup. Hopefully I will have the time to try this out tomorrow in a more ordered fashion. I will try both "Key:Service" and "Key:Services" on both SPA504G and SPA525G2 and get back to you with the results.

Ok, so I've tried around with this and this is what I've found out:

URL with :port in -tag in XML app:

Supplying the a URL with a port (ie. http://192.168.1.96:8089/) in a XML app provided to a 525G, does not work. Supplying a URL with a port in the PSK_X parameter does work. The first page gets loaded but subsequent pages does not load, display says something like "data format error".

Regarding Key:Service/Key:Services:

504G, using Key:Service works in the sense that the application exits with the log below:

Dec  7 14:27:50 dhcp-136.office.telavox.se CMXAPP:HandleUrl:Key:Service (null) 0 Key

Dec  7 14:27:50 dhcp-136.office.telavox.se CMXAPP: URL expended to Key:Service

Dec  7 14:27:50 dhcp-136.office.telavox.se CMX:KEY:39 ()

Dec  7 14:27:50 dhcp-136.office.telavox.se CMX:KEY:map to CC_KEY as -1797877920

Dec  7 14:27:50 dhcp-136.office.telavox.se =====>appexit 94e94090

504G, using Key:Services does not work, it looks like it's mapped to a "real" key, but the application does not exit, it just shows "Requesting..." in the display with the following log:

Dec  7 14:22:19 dhcp-136.office.telavox.se CMXAPP:HandleUrl:Key:Services (null) 0 Key

Dec  7 14:22:19 dhcp-136.office.telavox.se CMXAPP: URL expended to Key:Services

Dec  7 14:22:19 dhcp-136.office.telavox.se CMX:KEY:28 (Services)

Dec  7 14:22:19 dhcp-136.office.telavox.se =====>appexit 94e93370

525G2, using Key:Services works as expected, the application exits

525G2, using Key:Service does not work, the button gets "visibly" pushed but application does not exit.

So I guess Key:Services is the right URL to use (both you and the documentation says so) but in the case with the 504G, it seems like it doesn't have the effect intended. But supplying an invalid URL to the 504G (ie. Key:Service) exits the application for the "wrong" reason maybe?

Thanks in advance!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: