cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Apply Configuration Hangs

John Gawf
Level 1
Level 1

I'm having a problem where after changing parameters and selecting the apply configuration, it gives the warning dialog to "Apply Configuration, but you can continue to edit".  When I Apply Configuration it gives the warning about restarting and I enter OK and the apply button goes gray and nothing happens.  The Apply button is permanently gray and my config hasn't been saved.  I have to reload the browser and log back in and start over.  Is this a known problem?

12 Replies 12

David Trad
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi John,

Couple of questions

1. What Browser are you using and version of it?
  2. What version of flash are you using and is it the latest one?
  3. Have you tried it after resetting the device back to factory defaults?

Cheers,

David.

Cheers, David Trad. **When you rate a persons post, you are indicating a thank you or that it helped, but at the same time you are also helping to maintain the community spirit - You don't have to rate posts and you wont be looked down upon :) *

David,

1) I'm using Firefox version 3.6.16

2) UC320 Flash is 2.0.6(10)

3) I haven't and probably won't as I'm getting ready to deploy.

Tonight I upgraded to the release candidate 2.0.8(15) and haven't had the problem yet, but I'm pretty much done with the config for the deployment.

Hi John,

Glad to hear that it is all working for you now

I would highly recommend though that you upgrade FF to version 4.0.1, it is far better on resources and if Flash crashes it only takes out that tab not the entire FF session, ontop of that it has much better handling of Java and flash and even more so when the two are together (Which is quite common with Cisco).

Good luck on the deployment and I hope it goes well for you with no problems at all...

Cheers,

David.

Cheers, David Trad. **When you rate a persons post, you are indicating a thank you or that it helped, but at the same time you are also helping to maintain the community spirit - You don't have to rate posts and you wont be looked down upon :) *

I have experienced this same issue repeatidly on IE8 and the latest UC320 software.  What I have found is that if I have already applied the configuration once and then go back in on the screen after it is done applying the first time (on the same window/tab) and change something else, if I try to do the "apply" again it gives me this exact senerio (button works but nothing happens and it says something about it not applying but I can continue).

The work around is to just reload the screen or close the tab and go back into the management interface on a new tab or window.  The problem is all your changes are lost.

Seems like a bug to me.

netspec wrote:

I have experienced this same issue repeatidly on IE8 and the latest UC320 software.

Hi Christopher,

What version of software specifically?  We currently have a number of people evaluating the 2.0 MR2 Release Candidate firmware.

Thanks,

Chris

Chris,

Here is an update from me.  I have what is labeled 2.0.8(15) which I think is the 2.0 MR2 Release Candidate firmware?.   I'm still experienced the problem.  I reported earlier that I hadn't see it after loading the software, but as I made a few more changes it happens intermittently.

I'm was using Firefox version 3.6.16 and just upgraded to 3.6.17 with the same problem.

For a work around, I save the config to a file and then completely exit the Web GUI, authenticate back in, restore the config from the file and then apply the config again.

BTW, I was going to use the built-in problem tracking took in that version, but the feedback screen is too long for my screen (Dell 15" laptop) and there are no scroll bars to scroll down to the submit, escape doesn't work and I have to go into the Task manager and kill the browser and re-attach.

I am currently on the latest public release:  2.0.6(10).

For what its worth, I am experienceing the same issue with IE 8 with the latest GA version as well.

Nicholas,

I also had it with the general release.

See my work around by saving the config to the disk, reloading the URL and re-authenticating and brining the config back in.

Any word from Cisco on this problem?

I didnt bother to open a case on this one........figured that a new load was not that far along and

I'd see if it was fixed there first. I just deployed into production yesterday, so I'm guessing today I will have bigger fish to fry after the office uses it and shakes it down.

I too am having the same problem on the current 2.0.6 (10) General Release. I am using IE9 with the latest Flash updates, etc.

Andy Williams

sshaibani
Level 1
Level 1

I ran into the same problem and couldn't figure out why it was doing that. The solution; everytime you make a change and it reboots back to the interface, log out or close the window and log back in. Everything should work fine.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: