cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Assign phone button as an outgoing fxo or sip line?

lap
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I like to say, assign top right 1st button as an outgoing fxo line(s). Then assign right 2nd button as an outgoing sip line. This will allow the users to select the lines of their choosing.

Is there a way to create your own dial plan? ie: press 5 followed by the phone number, this will go out via the sip line.

Thanks

6 Replies 6

Yes, i think the on the UC320 and the UC540/560 you can do this. However, let me check right now on our own UC320.

OK, I just check on the UC320 and the UC540/560 you can assigend a Shared Line Button for a specific SIP Trunk or FXO line.

However, on the UC320 you will need to setup the system as a blended system. I hope this helps.

Hi,

It looks like I can only set up fxo as shared lines, but not sip lines.

Are we able to set up our own dial plan, ie: press 5 followed by the phone number, and that will go out via sip line?

Hi Lap,

>>> It looks like I can only set up fxo as shared lines, but not sip lines.

Correct, but you can get close.  Route each SIP did to its own Shared Extension.  For outbound calls, the user will have to select the shared Extension and then dial the steering digit to select the SIP trunk.  But that allows both in and outbound calls to use the same SIP DID.

Yes, you can set the steering digits based upon resource type such as SIP trunk on the Internal Dialing page.  If you have more than one trunk type you will need to associate the trunk with the steering digit on the Outbound Calls page. 

If you don't have access to a system, suggest you try the online emulator:

https://supportforums.cisco.com/community/netpro/small-business/onlinedemos

Hope this helps.

Chris

Hi Christopher,

It is it possible to set up the SIP Shared Extension so it can automaically prefix the 8 so it will dial the sip trunk automatically?

At the moment we have to press 8 which kind of defeats the purpose of using the button as a SIP Shared Extension.

Thanks

Lap

Hi Lap,

By design, you have to dial steering digit to select SIP trunk. Shared line is only applicable for FXO line.

Best regards,

Wendy