cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Auto Attendant Help..

jmachiggins
Level 1
Level 1

I'm working with a client on BE3000 install and I've a few questions about the Auto Attendant. 

First, how do I call into it?  It has the same number as voicemail so every time I call in I get VM instead.

Is there a way to have an option that only plays a recording?

Finally, It seems like this was designed as a front end only, will we be able to use it for overflow from reception?

Thanks in Advance!

J

1 Reply 1

Hi

To use the auto attendant, you must first configure the Voicemail and Auto Attendant Extension setting in

the dial plan. You can configure this setting

Through the Cisco-provided .xls data configuration file in the Cisco Business Edition 3000 First Time

Setup Wizard (for initial deployment) or

On the Dial Plan page in the Cisco Business Edition 3000 First Time Setup Wizard (during initial

deployment if you do not use the Cisco-provided .xls data configuration file)

--> Under System Settings > Dial Plan in the Cisco Business Edition 3000 Administrative Interface (after

initial deployment)

After you configure the Voicemail and Auto Attendant Extension setting in the dial plan, configure the Auto

Attendant page in the Cisco Business Edition 3000 Administrative Interface (select System Settings > Auto

Attendant). After you set it up, remember to test your auto attendant functionality.

Cisco Business Edition 3000 shares a single pilot extension for both Voicemail and Auto Attendant features.

Recording is not possible in BE3K .

Yes..BE3K is desinged as front end and from reception you can use but if you want to add user/phone add additional features to any user/phone device you need to login to GUI  and a receptionist can do all this if you let him/her know how to use the system.

Thanks

Chandra Mouli

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: