cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

B-ACD : can you answer a caller in the hold queue ?

stacy.thompson
Level 3
Level 3

As a memeber of a sequential hunt group- I can see that there is 1 caller in queue on my phone display.

Do I have the ability to answer/pick up that caller before the application tries the hunt group again?

It seems silly that once I am free, I have to wait for the application to send the call through the squence and my agent extension according to it's rules...instead of me being able to get that caller once I am free.

Thanks,

Stacy

5 Replies 5

David Trad
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi Stacey,

If i am not mistaken, you should be able to do a Gpickup or Pickup on that call in the hold queue, so long as your scrren shows it knows there is a call in the queue, then you should be able to answer it, although i am not sure if the Answer key will also do it, i guess it would depend on how you have the ephone-template setup.

But yes i am fairly certain you can pick up a call in the queue.

Cheers,

David.

Cheers, David Trad. **When you rate a persons post, you are indicating a thank you or that it helped, but at the same time you are also helping to maintain the community spirit - You don't have to rate posts and you wont be looked down upon :) *

We already have our GPickup set to answer members of the sequentail ring and that works great. The issue is when the caller is sitting in the queue not re-trying the phones. I tried using PickUp and the pilot# of the hunt grp 5002 and tha did not work. We suspect that's bcuz the cli configs show the pilot number as A5002....we may try to remove the A as I cannot pickup something with a letter.

Still needing a way to grab a caller our of the queue...

Thanks,

Stacy

Hi Stacey,

I just tried my suggestions and sadly they didn't work :( sorry for that.

However another thought come to mind, which i can not test at the very minute but i would imagine is much much better then having nothing.

Change your ephone-hunt from sequential to longest idle, it should ring a phone in an idle state that way.

It might not be exactly what you want, but it might improve the situation a bit.

Once i get a chance to work something up on the Lab system, i will test it to death until a solution can be found for this, although i must admit i am not optimistic about it at the moment, it seems like it might be a forgotten feature set and they may need to have it as part of the softkey setup.

Cheers,

David.

Cheers, David Trad. **When you rate a persons post, you are indicating a thank you or that it helped, but at the same time you are also helping to maintain the community spirit - You don't have to rate posts and you wont be looked down upon :) *

Cisco BU - any definitive answer on this issue?  Can a user some how answer or pick up a call that is holding in the queue ?

( If the answer is no- is this on the road map?)

Thank you,

Stacy

Calls in Queue with BACD can not be answered sooner by use of pickup, as the call is not ringing, but in BACD hold pattern.

You can make adjustments to the timers of how often new calls try phones in the hunt group, details in this guide on this via CLI;

param call-retry-timer

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucme/bacd/configuration/guide/40bacd.html#wp1025932

Ron Lewis

Cisco

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: