Views
Helpful
Replies

B-ACD Functionality in BE-3000

Steve Nelson
Level 1
Level 1

Good afternoon,

I was initially looking to solve this problem with a UC 540, however I now understand that what I would like to do cannot be supported by the UC platform.

We have a client who would like to provision 30 or so DID numbers into the SBCS-3000 and have them available to 3 operatros who would form part of a B-ACD group. What we would like to do on the alerting endpoints when a call is waiting is display the DNIS or dialled number so that operators can personalise the greeting to the caller dependant on which DID they called.

Is this possible on BE-3000 out of the box without the use of UCCX or Smart Call Control Operator ?

Many thanks

Steve

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

The reason why it doesn't work on SIP trunk is because a name like "unknown" is already present, that causes CME to not lookup. Once you remove the SIP-received name with a SIP profile or TCl script, DNIS lookup will be made and working.

View solution in original post

12 Replies 12

jzhang92
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Steve,

Couple of questions:

Do you need customized greetings for each of the DID, or different greetings for different groups with mulitple phones in the group?

In BE3000, you can have mulitple huntlists that support different greetings on each huntlist, and will have quqing capability in future release on the box.

Thanks

Hi

Thanks for the reply, I don't need individual greetings, all I need is a single group with 3 operators in it that can have 30 DDI's delivered to it.

The key here is that when a call is in the queue, the handsets must display they called (DDI) number and hopefully be able to look it up and translate it to a directory name (service DNIS lookup ?) so that the operator can answer the call and know who is calling before they speak.

Thanks

Steve

Bump, Does anyone know if this possible.

I am getting no help from my Cisco Account manager so I need a heads up if possible.

Thanks

Steve

Hi Steve,

This functionality is not supported with the native queuing feature.

How important is this use case? The feature is still under development. So that will help us prioritize that.

Thanks

Steve,

We do not support DNIS. However, if you ahve 30 DIDs, then you should be able to set up 30 hunt lists and make each DID be the pilot for one hunt list. Then, assign all three operators to each hunt list.

Now, when a call comes in, the operator should see the DID (pilot extension) to which the call was placed.

Will that work for you?

Bill

Hi Bill

That's a great solution, however we have decided to use the smart call connector as a solution to this issue.

Best

S

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPad App

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Actually that is possible with the UC500 or CME.

Check "service directory-lookup dnis". There are also related discussions on the forums.

Hi

lookup works fine with calls across ISDN as its part of the protocol, in my experience service dnis lookup does not work with calls landing from a SIP trunk.

Thanks

Steve

The reason why it doesn't work on SIP trunk is because a name like "unknown" is already present, that causes CME to not lookup. Once you remove the SIP-received name with a SIP profile or TCl script, DNIS lookup will be made and working.

Hi Paolo

Do you have a CLI example of how to remove the sip-received name ?

Thanks

Steve

Hi steve

We did go off-topic enough already, please post in appropriate forum, not this one.

Hi Paolo,

I have managed to solve this in the CLI using CME.

What I did was create a directory entry for the BACD group number and then used service dnis-overlay to show the group name rather than the number along the phone screen on the bottom.

Both Cisco and our distributors told us this was not possible on UC500 series.

I am now faced with a BACD issue where the announcements are not working, so it's back to the drawing board with a different problem

Many thanks for your help!!

Steve

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: