cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

BACD call forwarding

Joseph Candela
Level 1
Level 1

Currently I have AA setup to drop a call to a BACD queue (extenstion 402) when a caller presses 1 in the auto attendant.  This works fine but I am trying to find a way to forward 402 to another extenstion so that when the receptionist leave at 4:00 pm the in bound calls get set to a shared line (279).  I tried just forwarding the receptionist phones to another extenstion but that did not work.  I prevousely had option 1 pointing to the shared line of 279 and then I was using the night service bell to forward that line to our answering service when the office closes early or they want to switch over to service prior to the night service auto attendant coming on.  I hope this came out clearly and is not to confusing, any advice would be appeciated since I am stuck.

1 Reply 1

Darren DeCroock
Level 4
Level 4

Joseph,

I think I followed what you were tying to do..  I would suggest creating a "floating" extension, and then using night service on the extension.  Have the "floating" extension forward all calls to 402, and use night service on that extension to forward to 279.  You would then have to setup the receptionist phone with "night service bell" so that she can activate and deactivate the night service at will with a star code.

Call flow:

Day

Incoming -- AA -- option 1 -- 450 (floating ext) -- Call Fwd all -- 402

Night

Incoming -- AA -- option 1 -- 450 (floating ext) -- Call Fwd night service -- 279

Thank you,

Darren