cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Backups are failing on UC540 from CCA (screen shot)

amarranca
Level 1
Level 1

Would anyone be able to explain why my backups are failing and unable to complete?

The loopback interface is up but it has an IP assigned to it from my phone VLAN (10.x.x.x).  Does the loopback interface need to have an IP that is on the local data network?

Im also unable to do a copy run tftp from the command line, that bombs out and never finishes as well.

For what its worth I can NOT ping the loopback IP interface from a windows server on my network.

Untitled.jpg

6 Replies 6

Steven Smith
Level 7
Level 7

Make sure you are not running any firewalls or antivirus on your computer.

Make sure your computer's default gateway is the data vlan IP address of the UC540. 

Can you ping 10.1.10.2 and have it work?

Can you ping 10.1.10.1 and have it work?

Can you ping your computer from CUE?

Please attach the config of the UC500, please remember to remove passwords.

I just thought of something,
this is being initiated from a machine not physically connected to the UC540.

Im giong to retry this in a few days on a machine that is physically connected to a switchport on the UC540 or at the very least plugged into the back of a phone that is then going through the system.

i am having the same problem...this point you raise of not being connected directly is a good one...let me know how you go please!

UC540 system with 8.6.2 Software Pack

I had the same problem.

You have to make sure that you have the UC500's ip address as your computer's default gateway. Otherwise you won't be able to reach the tftp loopback 10.1.10.2 (default).

Also disable secondary network cards or wireless.

See how you go

David Trad
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi There,

This is a known problem and there is more than one scenario that can cause the issue shown in OP's post.

Firstly if the UC is in a data network that already has a DHCP server such as Windows SBS, and the UC is sitting in this network with DHCP turned of on it, then you will need to add a route into the SBS server 10.1.1.0 and 10.1.10.0 to make it permanent, since the UC is not doing the network routing Inter-Vlan routing does not work because the SBS server only does inter-subnetting (I think that's what they call it) and it needs to be aware of that route, you could also add this route on the PC doing the backup, but as soon as you reboot this route is lost and you would need to do it every time.

If the UC is controlling the network and this issue is happening, then it could be a host of things causing the problems, the most likely culprit is more than one network card is enabled (Does not have to be in use but just enabled) this will cause an issue with CCA as CCA does not operate the same way as other TFTP/FTP clients out in the market place operate.

Once the route is added though, I suspect all will work as it should.

Cheers,

David.

Cheers, David Trad. **When you rate a persons post, you are indicating a thank you or that it helped, but at the same time you are also helping to maintain the community spirit - You don't have to rate posts and you wont be looked down upon :) *

I've had this issue myself where the customer runs their own DHCP and doesn't use the uc540 as a gateway. It's easy enough to manually config your own gateway to point at the UC500 but for customers needing to access the CUE and perhaps do their own backups it doesn't work. What makes matters worse is when they have some cheap POS dlink or linksys type router that won't allow static route entries. The workaround I've used is a simple batch script to run on the site machines. I just give the customers a copy in case they need to re run it.

route add  10.1.10.1 mask 255.255.255.255 192.168.10.1 metric 1

route add 10.1.10.2 mask 255.255.255.255 192.168.10.1 metric 1

pause

(Add a -p on customer machines to keep the route persistent)

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: