cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

BE-3000 and remote site FXO

waheeb777
Level 1
Level 1

I have BE-3000 installed in main site. And i have remot site tha has FXO trunk using SPA8800.

Can i use the FXO line located in the remote from BE3000 in the main site?

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

ronpatel
Level 8
Level 8

Hi,

Yes SPA8800 are for branch and CUCUMBE will be in Central site only...So FXO port in SPA8800 will work with central BE 3K.

Regards

Ronak Patel

Rate helpful posts.

Regards Ronak Patel Rate all helpful post by clicking stars below the answer.

View solution in original post

Hi

I do not recommend to connect remote branch through internet, because it will give you lots of BW, delay, jitter problem. Instead you can use dedicated circuit for it.

SPA8800 has following interfaces,  How is your service provider going to provide internet connectivity.

• 4 RJ-11 FXS phone ports for analog circuit telephone device(s) (tip/ring)

• 4 RJ-11 FXO line ports for telco or PABX or KTS connection(s)

• RJ-21 (50-pin telco connector) multiport voice connection

• 1 WAN 100BASE-T RJ-45 Ethernet port (IEEE 802.3)

• 1 AUX 100BASE-T RJ-45 Ethernet port (IEEE 802.3) for Maintenance

SPA support SIp trunk:- If above ports are good for your internet connection. You can point the SIP trunk towards CUCM ( it should be routable through internet ) and design will work. But again I would not recommend internet for VOIp calls.

Regards

Ronak Patel

Please rate all helpful posts.

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

ronpatel
Level 8
Level 8

Hi,

Yes SPA8800 are for branch and CUCUMBE will be in Central site only...So FXO port in SPA8800 will work with central BE 3K.

Regards

Ronak Patel

Rate helpful posts.

Thanks ronak, you are very helpfull.

I will connect the remote site with main site via internet.

Do i need a special router in the remote site?, if yes can you suggest one

Hi

I do not recommend to connect remote branch through internet, because it will give you lots of BW, delay, jitter problem. Instead you can use dedicated circuit for it.

SPA8800 has following interfaces,  How is your service provider going to provide internet connectivity.

• 4 RJ-11 FXS phone ports for analog circuit telephone device(s) (tip/ring)

• 4 RJ-11 FXO line ports for telco or PABX or KTS connection(s)

• RJ-21 (50-pin telco connector) multiport voice connection

• 1 WAN 100BASE-T RJ-45 Ethernet port (IEEE 802.3)

• 1 AUX 100BASE-T RJ-45 Ethernet port (IEEE 802.3) for Maintenance

SPA support SIp trunk:- If above ports are good for your internet connection. You can point the SIP trunk towards CUCM ( it should be routable through internet ) and design will work. But again I would not recommend internet for VOIp calls.

Regards

Ronak Patel

Please rate all helpful posts.

bforsyth
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Waheeb,

I concur that use of the internet as your connectivity between sites is allowed, but the risk of low quality audio increases due to factors outside of your control. But, if your dedicated WAN link between sites is small, then you'll face quality issues depending upon the number of calls your are making between the sites. You have to be the judge on if the quality is good enough for you.

Keep in mind, that in some countries, tail end hop off is illegal. The BE3000 system will not allow calls to origniate in one site, and hop off to the PSTN in another site in those countries.

Also, if a SPA8800 FXO port is designated as an emergency line (ie. 911 in the US), then only those phones in that site will be able to use that emergency line. In this way, phones in each site will call thier local emergency line and reach local first responders.

Bill

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: