cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

BE-3000 not booting

kvekaria
Level 1
Level 1

We have procured one BE3000 unit (MCS-7890C1) few months back. When we switch it on, it displays Cisco Banner on external Display. Power LED is steady green and System LED flashes Red. After sometime, Cisco Banner disappers and reappears again and now System LED is green and blinking. External Disaply shows

GRUB Loading stage1.5.

GRUB Loading. Please Wait.....

Error 22

Then nothing happens.

We tried to reload the OS using the media supplied with the unit. It goes through to some stages and then it displays error message mentioning that the hardware is not compatible.

This has happened since we brought the unit in April 2012. It was a clear case of Dead-On-Arrival. We were supplied another unit by Indian distributor and this unit also has the same issue as mentioned above.

If anybody has come across similar situation and remediated the same, Kindly share the same with us.

Any input to solve this issue will be highly appreciated.

Thanks in advance

Kishroe

4 Replies 4

nalbert
Level 4
Level 4

Kishore,

Did you have any luck with RMAing the unit again?

Navin,

Cisco does not have process in place for RMA for BE-3000. We found it difficult to digest this when it went down as DoA. After lots of haggling with disti, we got replacement which was again a DoA. Now, local Cisco chap has promised to get a new piece delivered soon through the same disti.

Now, even my engineers are not reminding me for it!!!

I will take this up with TAC right away.

Could you please provide me the TAC case number? This will help us figure out  a lot of things. Thanks.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: