cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

BE-3000 Upgrade from DVD

David Kirk
Level 1
Level 1

Just a quick note to let you know that the BE3K Version 8.6.2 can be upgraded with a regular LG DVD player/burner. I was told in training that I needed an DVD with extenal power as the BE3K does not prvide power ofer USB.

This is incorrect. The BE3K powered my LG DVD burner just fine. The process is lengthy, I've been waiting for 3 hours now and it's at 58%.

I guess I'll check in when I get in tomorrow morning. I would not recommend doing an upgrade on-site.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

sanjsinh
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi David

Thanks for providing the feedback.

Regarding upgrade time, we understand the amount of time it takes to upgrade. With the upcoming 8.6.4 release, we have improved the amount of downtime and thus total upgrade time to around 3 hours. However, I understand that it is still high. This is an iterative process and we will keep improving it as we go forward.

Sanjay

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

sanjsinh
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi David

Thanks for providing the feedback.

Regarding upgrade time, we understand the amount of time it takes to upgrade. With the upcoming 8.6.4 release, we have improved the amount of downtime and thus total upgrade time to around 3 hours. However, I understand that it is still high. This is an iterative process and we will keep improving it as we go forward.

Sanjay

Hello Sanjay,

I can recognize the product is moving forward as releases get implimented. I upgraded from 8.6.2 to 8.6.4 yesterday and posted the time to inform other's that it's a lengthy process. Now that 8.6.4 supports upgrade via USB Thumb drive, it should be faster (We hope).

The box has bigger issues than upgrade time...

billymobilizer
Level 1
Level 1

I had to leave it running over night  , i think it took at least 6-7 hours to complete...

Today , i installed a country pack which took me 25 mins or so...

Can someone confirm the upgrade time from 8.6.3 to 8.6.4 please?

Also does the Country Pack have to be upgraded?

In internal testing, we have seen that the upgrade takes ~ 4 hours, including about 20 minutes of donwtime. Please respond back with your experiences of upgrade time.

With 8.6.4, it is recommended to use 8.6.4 version of CP. However, CPs are not available yet and will start to be available in next month.

Thanks

Upgrade took 3 Hours then restart 30mins so 3.5 hours in total.

Thanks

Paul

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: