cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

BE 6000 25 users bundles and ordering process

jzhang92
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

To simplify BE 6000 ordering process for Disti and direct orders, we are introducing the new ordering structure.

The following are some highlights.  Ordering guide will be published on Feb 4th 2013.

• Cisco Business Edition 6000 Version 9.1 now offers one simple process for both direct order and order through distribution: Server Bundle + Software Starter Bundle for 25 users + Additonal licenses. This change reduces cost for small BE6000 deployments and also helps reduce lead time.
  • You can order the Server Bundle BE6K-ST-BDL-K9= directly or through distribution. A price reduction for the Server Bundle is effective on February 9, 2013.
  • Cisco Business Edition 6000 9.1 now offers Software Starter Bundles for 25 users. The Software Starter Bundles do not include Business Edition 6000 server, and they are e-delivery only. Each new BE6000 system order requires one and only one Software Starter. Please refer to section 3.2 for more details about Starter Bundles.
  • The Cisco Business Edition 6000 User Connect License Starter Bundle includes 25 Enhanced User licenses and 25 Unity Connection licenses with reduced cost. This bundle is different from Starter Bundles in BE6000 8.0 and existing Starter Bundles that have Basic User licenses.
  • Customers can install only one  Software Starter Bundle per BE6000 deployment (single cluster). Stacking Software Starter Bundles is against Cisco policy, and will be rejected when you register the license on the Cisco license website.

New System ordering work flow:

Step 1. Order a BE6000 Server Bundle : BE6K-ST-BDL-K9=

Note: For deployments that require high availability, order two server bundles for redundancy.

If you need a secondary power supply, order UCSC-PSU-650W= as spare part

Step 2. Select the top-level SKU R-CBE6K-K9, and choose a Software Starter Bundle

BE6K-START-UCL25   - includes 25 ENHANCED user license and 25 advanced voice mail licenses

BE6K-START-UWL25  - include 25 Cisco UWL standard licenses

Note: Choose only one Software Starter Bundle per BE6000 deployment. If you purchased more than one server for redundancy, you should purchase only one Software Starter Bundle. Registering more than one Software Starter Bundle on one BE6000 cluster will be rejected.

Step 3. Add additional user licenses. To enable more users beyond the users included in the starter bundle, you can select the appropriate quantities of the license depending on your user profiles (Table 7). One BE6000 deployment can have both UCL licenses and UWL licenses.

Step 4.  Select a software version.

Step 5. Select IM and presence deployment options

Step 6. Order optional soft clients

Step 7. Select a software subscription

47 Replies 47

Hi Alkividis,

Sorry, I just wanted to help.

In which document do we say the bundle is AUC only?

In other words, why would it be AUC only, if the Mid Market promotions is not?

Thanks,

Marton

Hi Marton,

since BE6K used to require Advanced UC and new ordering guide does not mention clearly the answer, I would prefer not

make any assumptions. Also Dean'answer above seems that there is still an evaluation process. So I will wait for an official answer.

Now since you mentioned the MM promo, there are some unclarified items on partner specialization in the T&C doc.

But I will send a seperate email in order not to confuse people in this thread about BE6K bundle.

txs!

Hello

I cannot select Smartnet services for the BE6K-ST-BDL-K9= SKU using CCW,  could you check?

Image attached.

Thanks,

Adolfo

Hi Adolfo,

I just checked CCW for Smartnet for BE6K-ST-BDL-K9= and it is working...see below.  I would suggesting openning a CCW case to see if they can help.

Thanks for the quick answer.

Another issue... when I select the 25 UCL bundle I cannot add 1 or 25 Jabber Desktop licenses, could you check:

Regards,

Adolfo

Some new changes in CCW caused this issue.  We are working on it as high priority.  All the bundles are effected.

nileshmathure
Level 5
Level 5

Hello,

For Migration from BE5K  public space licenses (PUBLIC-IP-DEV-UWL)  to BE6K can i just order Enhanced upgrade licenses # UPG-6K-ENH ?

I will need enhanced licenses as I have the 7900 series IP Phones and 7937 conference phones.

Thanks

Nilesh

jmcburnett
Level 1
Level 1

The ordering guide and in Netformx I see no mention of ESW for the 25 user bundle.

In CCW it is also claiming that BE6K-START-UCL25 is not valid.

Ideas?

thanks,

Jim

Hi Nilesh,

UPG-6K-ENH would be the correct migration license for public space 79xx & 7937 phones.

Thanks

Blake

Hi Jim,

Netformx is probably waiting to add this SKU - it's still only a week or so old.

You should be able to find the BE6K-START-UCL25 though - it's a child SKU to R-CBE6K-K9.   i.e. you have have to order it as part of that electronic top level SKU along with the BE6K-ST-BDL-K9= hardware bundle.

Hope that helps,

Andy

I found BE6K-START-UCL25 in NF, but I can't figure out how to tie ESW to it...

Thanks,

Jim

EDIT--- putting BE6K-START-UCL25 under R-CBE6k-K9 let me add ESW and UCSS and do it easier.....

Makes more sense now....

Hi Jim,

ESW and UCSS are tied to auto expand SKUs...see below.

chrisbw
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I would appreciate some guidance on the following scenario...

We have a customer with an existing CUCMBE version 8.5 on MCS7828 hardware and 130 users.  The customer wishes to upgrade to CUCMBE 6000 on UCS and re-use the existing MCS7828 as a redundant server and also migrate the existing user licenses.

It is not clear from the new ordering guide how to approach this particular scenario, re-using the exiting MCS as a redundant node.

Can someone offer some guidance on ordering for this deployment?

Hi Chris,

Order the BE6000 server BE6K-ST-BDL-K9= and use R-CBE6K-K9 to order the 8.5 to 9.0 migration licences as required (assuming that they wish to move to 9.0). 

You can just use the MCS server with this deployment - there are no specific licenses required to allow this.  Just ensure that you have SmartNet in place for the server - if that is what the customer needs.

Regards,

Andy

There are some migration presentation and examples posted on the following URL might help you.

http://www.cisco.com/cisco/web/solutions/small_business/products/voice_conferencing/uc_manager_business_edition/index.html

Choose the tab for "partner resource" and scroll down to the bottom.