Views
Helpful
Replies

BE 6000 Top part number for quoting a migration

fuhrersk8
Level 3
Level 3

Hello guys!

When quoting a new BE 6000 for a migration from an existing CallManager version 4 and Unity version 4 can the new BE 6000 be ordered by using CUWL (CMBE6K-UWL) or CUWL is only for existing BE 6000 deployments upgrades from UCL to CUWL?

Thanks in advanced!

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

The ordering guide I refrenced above is your authoritative source. Section 4.5 is labeled "New Systems" (i.e. not upgrade from UCL) and the first two steps should dispel any remaining doubt:

1. Start with Top Level product number CMBE6K-UWL

2. Select the Cisco Business Edition 6000 Workspace Bundle. The Workspace Bundle includes all the UCS server and client software for the applications included under Cisco Unified Workspace Licensing Business Edition, the UCS C220 [sic: it should say C200] server hardware for deploying Cisco Business Edition 6000, and licenses for the first 50 or 100 users.

Please remember to rate helpful responses and identify helpful or correct answers.

View solution in original post

8 Replies 8

Jonathan Schulenberg
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

CMBE6K-UWL-K9 is a bundle for new UWL-based installs, not an upgrade from UCL. The ordering guide provides details (partners only):

http://www.cisco.com/web/partners/downloads/partner/WWChannels/technology/ipc/downloads/be6000_5000_ordering_guide.pdf

Please remember to rate helpful responses and identify helpful or correct answers.

Thanks Jonathan! But, if a client has an old CM version 4 and wants a new BE6000 but already has the users and voicemails licenses, wich top part number should be ordered in order to be able to migrate the users and voicemail licenses to the new BE6000?

The only option is ordering by UCL (CMBE6K-UCL-K9)?

If you're going the BE6K route, you must order at least the 50 new users included in the bundle. After that you can use the CMAPPS uplift SKU to carry forward the existing install base.

But CUWL is not an option in this scenario and UCL is the only option? Thanks again!

I didn't say UWL wasn't an option. All I said was that you must buy the net new licenses included in the bundle if you're going the Business Edition route.

Understand. My question comes because I was told on the Partner Central the following:

This part number CMBE6K-UWL is used for existing Cisco Business Edition 6000 customers.

So what im still trying to figure out is if in this scenario is possible to quote with the CMBE6K-UWL-K9 part number instead of UCL. Thanks again for your help!

The ordering guide I refrenced above is your authoritative source. Section 4.5 is labeled "New Systems" (i.e. not upgrade from UCL) and the first two steps should dispel any remaining doubt:

1. Start with Top Level product number CMBE6K-UWL

2. Select the Cisco Business Edition 6000 Workspace Bundle. The Workspace Bundle includes all the UCS server and client software for the applications included under Cisco Unified Workspace Licensing Business Edition, the UCS C220 [sic: it should say C200] server hardware for deploying Cisco Business Edition 6000, and licenses for the first 50 or 100 users.

Excellent, thanks a lot!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: