cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

BE3K - SRST - FXO

Brian McCoy
Level 1
Level 1

Cisco clearly says BE3K does not support SRST.  Just making sure, if you add a 2900 router with PRI, would it then be able to do SRST with BE3K?

Also, how many FXO's will BE3K support, and how?  VG224 is only FXS, correct? SPA8800 supports 4 FXS, 4 FXO but can you add multiple SPA 8800's to a BE3K system? Or, could you add a 2900 router with FXO cards (it appears you cannot do that)?  Thanks!!!

4 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

The BE3k, works under SIP, different than SCCP, you can add FXO by SPA 8800 or cards in the routers, couldbe no problem with that, also you can add PRI or BRI in the router, because conexion between router and BE3K is SIP, just make sure about DSP resourses in order to conference, transfers, and tramscodecs..

View solution in original post

SRST will be supported in the upcoming release 8.6.5 though in a basic form. It will have basic failover for Phones and T1. FXO will not failover though. The other option to consider would be to get another BE3K and do a distributed architecture based on Smart design doc "Multi-Systems Cisco BE3000 Solution" ( under cisco.com/go/smartdesigns/uc/). The distributed design is not that expensive considering that the BE3K hardware might be more cost effective than a 2901 is some cases.

Brian,

For multiple FXO, you can add multiple SPA8800.

2901 with multiple FXO cards is also an option, if you are familiar with 2901 CLI configuration. However, it is not officially supported, since we have not tested this configuration. So it will be best effort support.

Thanks

A separate 2900 router with a PRI connection is required.

Sanjay

9 Replies 9

Thanks for the links... I've read all the compatability info and forums with no clear answer, at least, that I can discern.  Hopefully there is someone out there who can help.  Right now, it appears to me that BE3K: 1) in no way can ever do SRST even with a router, and 2) SPA8800 is your only FXO option, 3) you can only use one SPA8800 (4 FXOs), 4) adding a router does not allow you to add FXO there either. 

The BE3k, works under SIP, different than SCCP, you can add FXO by SPA 8800 or cards in the routers, couldbe no problem with that, also you can add PRI or BRI in the router, because conexion between router and BE3K is SIP, just make sure about DSP resourses in order to conference, transfers, and tramscodecs..

SRST will be supported in the upcoming release 8.6.5 though in a basic form. It will have basic failover for Phones and T1. FXO will not failover though. The other option to consider would be to get another BE3K and do a distributed architecture based on Smart design doc "Multi-Systems Cisco BE3000 Solution" ( under cisco.com/go/smartdesigns/uc/). The distributed design is not that expensive considering that the BE3K hardware might be more cost effective than a 2901 is some cases.

Navin, thank you very much for your help, I believe that answers my question fully on SRST.  So could you please explain how to get 10 FXO's to work with this? Add multiple 8800's, or use 2901 FXO cars, etc.  Thanks!

Brian,

For multiple FXO, you can add multiple SPA8800.

2901 with multiple FXO cards is also an option, if you are familiar with 2901 CLI configuration. However, it is not officially supported, since we have not tested this configuration. So it will be best effort support.

Thanks

Sanjay, thanks for the FXO info, that's what I figured but no I have good confirmation from you.  One more question about SRST, in the future release.  Since the PRI is hooked up into the BE3K appliance, how does SRST via PRI work when the BE3K appliance goes down?  Or is a separate 2900 router required to have the PRI connection?

A separate 2900 router with a PRI connection is required.

Sanjay

Sanjay, Navin, and Nestor, thank you all for the support and great information!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: